Explode Macro?

Moderator: SecondMan

bowserlm

Re: Explode Macro?

Post by bowserlm » Wed May 16, 2018 6:18 pm

I appreciate that Andrew. And I apologize Christopher, that did come off confrontational.

You're right, Fusion is much more complicated to jump in and learn, not just because it's a deep and complex program, but honestly there isn't a whole lot of current training and information out there. You gotta go back and watch videos from 2010 to see how a given tool works.

There are a lot of artists re-investigating Fusion as a viable tool because After Effects has honestly been pulling in a different direction than compositing. And with Black Magic keeping Fusion alive and it's price point difference to Nuke versus the features, it has become an attractive option to check out.

The frustration comes when there aren't a ton of artists using the tool, and learning the tool is a little clunky as well. You're right, there is a forum, with a bunch of scary looking posts with code all over them, and there is the 1500 page manual, which the bit of reading I've done hasn't really help illuminate any answers. I've actually searched in the manual for everything first before I've posted about it.

I didn't mean to come off frustrated, because you guys have been very helpful. I guess all I'm saying is, I suspect there are going to be a lot more people getting on this forum and being like "how does this work" because it's not exactly straight forward.