Welcome to WSL!

Make yourself at home, but before posting, please may I ask you to read the following topics.

Posting 101
Server space, screenshots, and you

Thank you!

PS. please pretty please:

Auto Generate Loader Thumbnails

Moderator: SecondMan

spud101

Auto Generate Loader Thumbnails

Post by spud101 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:15 pm

If I enable Force Source Tile pictures, my loaders will generate a source pic thumbnail only once I load them into a viewer window. When I close the project and open it again, I have to repeat this process to view any pictures in the thumbnails. Since I have about 20 loaders this isn't very practical. Is there a setting or a way to get the generation of the thumbnails to automatically start or cache when the project opens? I've tried Force All Tile Pictures and caching the loader without any luck. I'm using Fusion Studio 9 on Windows 10.
Thanks

Midgardsormr
Fusionator
Answers: 18

Re: Auto Generate Loader Thumbnails

Post by Midgardsormr » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:03 pm

Code: Select all

for i, tool in ipairs(comp:GetToolList(false, "Loader")) do comp.CurrentFrame:ViewOn(tool, 1) end
You could put that little script on a hotkey, or you could even make it a scriptlib—save it in a file with the extension .scriptlib and put it in the Scripts/Comp folder. It should run every time you open a comp. Although it might run too fast that way—it may well execute before the comp is fully loaded. I haven't tested it to see.

spud101

Re: Auto Generate Loader Thumbnails

Post by spud101 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:28 am

Wow, that's pretty cool. And the scriptlib does work on loading.
Thanks Again