Welcome to WSL!

New to the forum? Please read this and this.

follow nearby published points

Moderator: SecondMan

skoorbatse

follow nearby published points

Post by skoorbatse »

For years this has confused me and I just recently had a new project where I think it might of been handy... anyways I can't figure out for the life of me what i'm doing wrong. And it seems to be a black hole of tutorials.

1. Let's say I creat have two points I track with a tracker.
2. I make a polygon mask of say 6 points and publish two points that are closest to the two tracking points.
3. I connect those two published points to the respective trackers.
4. next I would assume I select a couple of the non-published points and select "follow nearby published points" and that would make those selected points do just that, follow exactly the published points, or average out to the published points, but instead it turns those points into diamonds (the double poly diamonds) and nothing happens.

What am i missing?

brysend

Re: follow nearby published points

Post by brysend »

I am not sure if this is the best way, but you can try an expression instead, and use the tracker value in the expression, for the published points. And if you want to move all the points, publish those too and connect them via expression.

skoorbatse

Post by skoorbatse »

Right, cool idea, I'm pretty green with expressions, any posts or tutorials you could loop me to? Thanks in advance!

skoorbatse

Post by skoorbatse »

okay here we go, for anybody else in the future... https://www.steakunderwater.com/VFXPedi ... xpressions