Tracker Jumping around

Moderator: SecondMan

anglereserve

Tracker Jumping around

Post by anglereserve » Wed May 15, 2019 10:12 am

Hi there!

I've done some painting and tracked it via a modifier. Everything looks fine during playback but when I stop my footage the tracker is jumping around. Also, the frames aren't caching. I'm guessing that this is related? Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Added in 27 minutes 41 seconds:
I'm not sure why this worked, but I had my tracked paint node before a tracker set to corner pin. When I put the paint node downstream of the corner pin instead of before, my problem disappeared. Any insight would be great thanks!

Midgardsormr
Fusionator
Answers: 2

Re: Tracker Jumping around

Post by Midgardsormr » Wed May 15, 2019 10:45 am

There's some kind of a feedback loop that can happen sometimes with Trackers. I see it most often when I have a Grid Warp near a Tracker; the grid marches back and forth, and it continuously re-renders. I've never taken the time to diagnose exactly what causes it; I'm usually in a hurry to solve my immediate problem, and then I forget about it until the next time I see it, at which point I am naturally in a hurry again.

I actually haven't seen it in a while, come to think of it; I think maybe I've trained myself to avoid it somehow, but I didn't do that deliberately, so I'm not sure what behaviors are a result.

anglereserve

Re: Tracker Jumping around

Post by anglereserve » Wed May 15, 2019 10:48 am

Midgardsormr wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 10:45 am

There's some kind of a feedback loop that can happen sometimes with Trackers. I see it most often when I have a Grid Warp near a Tracker; the grid marches back and forth, and it continuously re-renders. I've never taken the time to diagnose exactly what causes it; I'm usually in a hurry to solve my immediate problem, and then I forget about it until the next time I see it, at which point I am naturally in a hurry again.

I actually haven't seen it in a while, come to think of it; I think maybe I've trained myself to avoid it somehow, but I didn't do that deliberately, so I'm not sure what behaviors are a result.

This sounds about right by what I was seeing. Changing the order and re-introducing the weird tracker behavior was repeatable. I guess it's a bug? Thanks for the info!