In light of the Coronavirus crisis, please help make sure nothing stands in the way of social distancing in the VFX industry.

This petition asks the MPAA to act accordingly:

Sign the petition on Change.org

Be safe, everyone.

Replacing content inside of MediaIn node

Moderator: SecondMan

brysend

Replacing content inside of MediaIn node

Post by brysend » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:49 pm

Happy new year WSL!

Working with a MediaIn node, is there a way update the content inside, or Input Source ?
I have a few keyframes on the MediaIn node to animate it, and I want to see how the animations will look on a different video/image, but I don't know how to replace/update the content inside MediaIn node. I can do this by dragging in another image/video from file and drop it again in Fusion.
But was hoping that there is a way to do that without dragging a new node and re-connecting it. Any ideas ?

Also would it possible to dynamically change the content inside MediaIn node ? Would I be able to create a Macro out of the MediaIn node, and replace the content inside in the future ?

SirEdric
Fusionator
Answers: 9

Re: Replacing content inside of MediaIn node

Post by SirEdric » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:07 am

You should be able to replace the MediaIn with a standard Loader, which would then allow to link to any other footage.

Movalex
Sir Requestalot
Answers: 2

Post by Movalex » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:27 am

MediaIn has a fixed reference to a file, because it is based on a timeline position. You can however add multiple mediaIns from Bin or create multiple Loaders in Resolve Fusion, animate one with Transform node, then copy this Transform to other mediains/loaders. Then connect all of them to a Switcher node (installed from Reactor) and check conveniently.

Fefson
Fusioneer

Post by Fefson » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:20 am

When using Fusion in resolve, you can grab another clip from the media-window and drop it on top of the media-in-node, thus replacing it.

Movalex
Sir Requestalot
Answers: 2

Post by Movalex » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:18 am

@Fefson Cool, didn't know that.

brysend

Post by brysend » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:27 am

I am having trouble using the Loader node.
1. When I create a new loader node in Fusion, it prompts the standard OS file opener window, I select a mp4 file, and then proceed to open the node in a Viewer. 2.Nothing happens.
3. So I manually click the Browse button provided by the loader node inside Inspector Tab, and select a file
4. Set a global in/out point
5. Open the node in viewer
6. Nothing happens

the error I get is :
Loader 1 failed at time 0
Loader 1 failed at time 1
Loader 1 failed at time 2...

Am i not using it correctly ?

Added in 22 minutes 50 seconds:
I just read that Loader node only supports OpenEXR media, maybe this explains why my selected media is not loading, it's a simple mp4.

It works with image and mov files, but not mp4. Is this standard ?