Equivalent of nukes TimeOffset node?

Moderator: SecondMan

EmilMeiton

Equivalent of nukes TimeOffset node?

Post by EmilMeiton » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:59 am

Hi! I'm sort of new to fusion (used it many years ago while in school). I've used Nuke in my last workplace and we can't afford it at my current place, sadly. So naturally I look at fusion as a replacement :)

Right now I'm looking for a way to emulate the TimeOffset node in Nuke.., What it does is it lets you change/offset the current frame of my input. So if I for instance want to skip every other frame then I can easily make an expression in this node.

Right now I want to do -1 or +1 offsetting so maybe there's some way to do this?

Thanks in advance!

thibaud
Fusioneer

Re: Equivalent of nukes TimeOffset node?

Post by thibaud » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:17 am

https://www.steakunderwater.com/wesuckle ... p?f=6&t=74

EmilMeiton

Post by EmilMeiton » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:32 am

Thanks for the answer! will try that out ASAP :)

I feel the urge to poke fun at the "official" fusion forum.., I posted the same question there but it's still waiting for approval..., and here I've already got a sweet answer.

First impression makes me wish I could continue with nuke but I'll hopefully change my mind in a couple of weeks. Would love to make this work out for me :)

SecondMan
Site Admin
Answers: 5

Post by SecondMan » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:51 am

Welcome to the forum Emil! :)

Let us know what it is you will be missing from Nuke - I'm sure there will be quite a bit at first - and we can help you find ways to achieve those things in Fusion. Sometimes that might be a frustrating workaround, sometimes it will be so much more convenient and faster.

It will also give the developers (BMD and others) a good idea of what people might want to see in the future.