In light of the Coronavirus crisis, please help make sure nothing stands in the way of social distancing in the VFX industry.

This petition asks the MPAA to act accordingly:

Sign the petition on Change.org

Be safe, everyone.

Fusion Preferences

Moderator: SecondMan

DanielKoch

Re: Fusion Preferences

Post by DanielKoch » Fri May 12, 2017 8:02 pm

Yeah, event suites are no longer in Fusion 8+, for various reasons (including that they never worked all that well). A replacement system of sorts is in the works though.

Kristof
Fusionista
Answers: 1

Post by Kristof » Sat May 13, 2017 3:28 pm

DanielKoch wrote:Sorry, I missed this question earlier.

There's no pref for HiQ, but it is an attribute that can be set with a script command:

Code: Select all

comp:SetAttrs{COMPB_HiQ = true}
If you'd like this to be always set, you can add it to a .scriptlib file in your Scripts: dir, say Scripts:HiQ.scriptlib, where it will be auto-executed for every comp that is created or opened. If you only want to force HiQ on for new comps, make it conditional on e.g. the comp's filename:

if comp:GetAttrs().COMPS_FileName == "" then
end
Thanks! Kind of new to scriptlibs, but with that two liner you would need to save it in the Comp subdir of the Scripts folder, or it will throw an error when Fu is starting up. Putting it in the subdir will make sure it will only be executed whenever you're opening or creating a new comp.

This modified code would work if you would like to store it in the Scripts folder:

if composition == nil then
	-- no comp: Fusion is being started
else
	if comp:GetAttrs().COMPS_FileName == "" then
	end
end

9krausec

Post by 9krausec » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:46 am

After reading through this thread and the information about this topic on the steakunderwater VFXPedia page, I'm still having issues getting the changing of the env var 'FUSION_PROFILE_DIR' to work for Fusion Studio 9.0.2 - anyone willing to lend a hand?

Has anything changed since the last post in this thread in 2017 between Fusion versions? After changing the env variable via a .bat launcher, getting into the Fusion console, I'm able to confirm that the environment variable "FUSION_PROFILE_DIR" has been modified correctly to point to another location. I've also tried changing the variables in a launcher python script also via a bat, same results.

I've created a "Profiles/Default" folder in the directory the 'FUSION_PROFILE_DIR' was rerouted to and turned all 'true' variables in the .prefs to 'false' to ensure it was picking up. These preference changes were not reflected when opening up fusion in either comp or global settings. I've also tried this by pointing the 'FUSION_MasterPrefs' to the another .prefs with all bool true variables turned to false. Same thing.

Another parallel question, the 'FUSION_PROFILE_DIR' is responsible for telling Fusion where to pull the profile from which only has a .prefs and .toolbars inside of it. Inside of the default .prefs file I'm seeing a path map being generated for all child directories in '..\AppData\Roaming\Blackmagic Design\Fusion' (Luts; Settings; Comps; Librares; etc..). These seem to all be set relative to "UserPaths" variable which is also specified in the map via this line "["UserPaths:"] = "UserData:;AllData:;Fusion:"," Would one of you gurus mind filling me in on what exactly is defining "UserPaths"?

The ultimate goal is the transfer all children folders of the parent '..\AppData\Roaming\Blackmagic Design\Fusion' to a network location for obvious pipeline reasons. Fusion is installed on users local machines and not being pulled from the network location to boot.

I'm able to setup Houdini and Maya environment variables correctly to pull preferences from a network location, so I wouldn't think I'm doing something wrong a technical capacity. Something is obviously wrong though...

Thank you for any help!

SecondMan
Site Admin
Answers: 15

Post by SecondMan » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:22 pm

It is now FUSION9_PROFILE_DIR

See also viewtopic.php?p=15198#p15198

9krausec

Post by 9krausec » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:15 am

Much appreciated. I was a bit turned around by referencing this older thread - https://www.steakunderwater.com/wesuck ... refs#p6923

Was placing the version number in the wrong location! "The Fusion Diagnostics Tool" looks very useful too. Thank you.

Kristof
Fusionista
Answers: 1

Post by Kristof » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:16 am

Do render nodes also look at the same environment variable? Can the prefs of render nodes be managed in a similar fashion? I tried but it doesn't seem to pick up the preferences defined in the enviro variable.

Stil on Fu 9, so the variable is called "FUSION9_MasterPrefs".