Welcome to WSL!

New to the forum? Please read this and this.

Fu Connections removed on Macro or Group

Moderator: Chad

Kristof
Fusionista
Answers: 6

Connections removed on Macro or Group

Post by Kristof »

Fusion version:

At least Fu v6.4+

OS and version:

Tried and verified on several flavours of Windows.

Additional relevant system info:

Description of the bug:

When dealing with fuses that process non-Image like DataTypes that you'd like to group or turn into a Macro, you have to add Piperouters if you want the in- or outgoing connections to survive a reload of a comp (or even a copy / paste process). The bug will strip the connections of those Group or Macro nodes and thus break the comp once you try to re-open it on your workstation or render it on a network. This doesn't happen when you're using classic Image based nodes in your macros or groups.

You can find out more about it in my "Macro (or Group) Oddities" topic.

Severity (Trivial, Minor, Major, Critical)

Hmmm, hard to say. It depends on how much you use nodes that deal with anything other than Image DataTypes and how many of those nodegraphs need to be turned into a Macro or Group. For me personally, I'd say it's major.

Steps to reproduce:

bug_groupStrippedConnections.zip

Download the zip archive, install both fuses and then open the comp. All steps have been included as notes inside the comp.

Please, if possible, provide a Fusion setup to help demonstrate the behaviour, either as an attachment or between [code] tags:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Kristof
Fusionista
Answers: 6

Re: Connections removed on Macro or Group

Post by Kristof »

Comp was made in Fu9 and I did choose the colours on purpose (red = failure, green = success), but if you open it up in Fu16+ you'll see other colours. I would love to be able to pick any kind of colour, BMD. And not being forced to select one out of a very limited list. The Group node also doesn't look very nice :/