Fusion Studio v17.2.1 Build 14
OS and version:
macOS 10.15.7 Catalina
Additional relevant system info:
Description of the bug:
Fusion v17.2.1 appears to have changed how FBXMesh3D nodes expand PathMaps.
Summary: PathMaps and FBXMesh3D nodes are nackered.
If an asset like an OBJ mesh is stored in a folder that can be expanded into several different PathMaps there is a read conflict and the model fails to be imported into Fusion.
In the simplest form, this issue removes the ability for Fusion to load in FBXMesh3D models from a
Comp:/relative PathMap folder location like:
This issue also impacts the ability for Reactor to deliver 3D compositing sample comps that are able to load assets from inside the "Reactor:/Deploy/Macros/" relative PathMap folder structure using the "Macros:/" PathMap. This causes issues with KickAss ShaderZ, KartaVR's sample comps/meshes, and any Reactor "Comps" example that uses an external mesh stored on disk that is read with a relative PathMap.
Severity (Trivial, Minor, Major, Critical)
Steps to reproduce:
1. Have an .obj model located in the same folder as a Fusion .comp file.
2. Read in the .obj mesh using a FBXMesh3D node using a relative "Comp:/" PathMap.
3. Save this Comp. Close it. Then re-open the Comp.
4. When you display the FBXMesh3D node in the Fusion viewer window, it will fail to load the OBJ mesh with the following error in the Console:
Code: Select all
FBX Error: "The file Comp:/Cube.obj could not be found!" while importing file Comp:/Cube.obj FBXMesh3D1 failed at time 0
An OBJ is able to be successfully read from an absolute filepath like:
/Library/Application Support/Blackmagic Design/Fusion/Reactor/Deploy/Macros/KickAss ShaderZ/Assets/kas_ShaderBall.obj
It can also be read successfully from the Reactor based PathMap:
But the Fusion native PathMap version fails to work:
Additionally, if the Fusion .comp file is saved inside the same Pathmap resolvable folder location, using the "Comp:/" PathMap also fails to work.
1. Turn on the
Fusion Preferences > PathMap > [x] Enable reverse mapping of non-user pathscheckbox.
2. Use either the "
File > Import > FBX Scene..." menu item, or the "
Select Tools > FBXMesh3D" dialog to load in a model from inside a multi-resolvable PathMap folder. You could use a Reactor provided "KickAssShaderZ" model to try this issue out like the "kas_ShaderBall.obj" asset.
3. Click on the FBXMesh3D node you just imported in the Nodes view. Select the "Browse" button to show the file dialog. Select the "kas_ShaderBall.obj" asset and then click "Open" to close the dialog.
The PathMap will be re-written by the Fusion preference's
[x] Enable reverse mapping of non-user pathscheckbox option to the shortened form of:
4. Save this Comp. Close it. Then re-open the Comp.
5. When you display the FBXMesh3D node in the Fusion viewer window, it will fail to load the OBJ mesh with the following error in the Console:
Code: Select all
FBX Error: "The file Macros:/KickAss ShaderZ/Assets/kas_ShaderBall.obj could not be found!" while importing file Macros:/KickAss ShaderZ/Assets/kas_ShaderBall.obj FBXMesh3D1 failed at time 0
Please, if possible, provide a Fusion setup to help demonstrate the behaviour, either as an attachment or between