Welcome to WSL!

New to the forum? Please read this and this.

Memory usage

Moderator: Chad

inohide
Fusioneer

Memory usage

Post by inohide »

Fusion version:

v17.2

OS and version:

Windows 10

Additional relevant system info:

128GB main memory

Description of the bug:

The value set for the caching limit and the actual usage are different.

Severity (Trivial, Minor, Major, Critical)

Trivial

Steps to reproduce:

Preferences > Memory >Caching limits > set 80%
Fusion's memory indicator > 65%
Task manager > 70%

Preferences > Memory >Caching limits > set 90%
Fusion's memory indicator > 70%
Task manager > 80%

Please, if possible, provide a Fusion setup to help demonstrate the behaviour, either as an attachment or between [code] tags:

UserNoah
Fusioneer

Re: Memory usage

Post by UserNoah »

Maybe this is because I only have 64GBs installed, but for me the RAM % I set in Fusion is being reflected correctly in the Task Manager. In my case, I set 65% for my render node and see 65% max usage in the Task Manager.

I believe the percentage inside of Fusion is relative to the max RAM assigned. So if you let Fusion use a maximum of 70% it will show 100% inside of Fusion when in fact you're only using 70% of system RAM. But that's not consistent with the numbers you posted so maybe there is something wrong.

Edit: I just rendered something from inside of Fusion and it's not consistent with my assumption either. it was also 10% below the Task Manager. Although the 80% I specified in the settings were also reflected in the Task Manager as 80% usage

inohide
Fusioneer

Re: Memory usage

Post by inohide »

The Fu's indicator used to show 80%, but nowadays it is always 65%. I don't know which version it is from. I think the behavior has clearly changed.