Welcome to WSL!

New to the forum? Please read this and this.

new forum section request

Win Conway
Fusioneer

new forum section request

Post by Win Conway »

Titled something like "the real world" or such
a place to discuss the best ways to capture your content from the real world for use in Fu

SecondMan
Site Admin
Answers: 31

Re: new forum section request

Post by SecondMan »

If there's enough interest/topics to warrant a completely new section, sure.

In the meantime I suggest posting in Off Topic, but tag the topics. For example, add [content] or something in the topic titles. That way, if we see there are dozens of those we can easily identify them and move them to their own space.

SecondMan
Site Admin

Post by SecondMan »

Or if it's really Fusion specific, just post it in the Fusion forum, of course (with the same tags)... :)

Farmfield
Fusionista

Post by Farmfield »

Video Copilot forums have a section called "Industry", just to discuss the business side, work etc. though not app-centric but more generally about this field of work. Like, asking about Fusion adaptation in an area doesn't really feel like something you post in the same place as tips for expressions - but it's still not "off topic" either.

But having just become a member and having some crazy experience of forums (I was "TeamLeader" for the Swedish Ubuntu LoCo for a year back in 2008-2009) I love the "new forum smell" and that it's still some time until there's 235 nested sub categories. :D

SecondMan
Site Admin

Post by SecondMan »

Welcome Farmfield! :)

I like that idea, and I agree it's not quite off-topic. It could have job postings as well, and Win's idea of "real world" examples. But I do think that right now there's not enough to have a separate forum for it so I would put those things in off topic for now and tag them with something in the title.

Or it might be that the lack of a category just doesn't give people the idea of actually posting these kinds of subjects. Anyone care to express interest?

I'm sure there will be more of that coming in the future, though - good to know you have experience with user forums... ;)

Farmfield
Fusionista

Post by Farmfield »

SecondMan wrote:Welcome Farmfield! :)

I like that idea, and I agree it's not quite off-topic. It could have job postings as well, and Win's idea of "real world" examples. But I do think that right now there's not enough to have a separate forum for it so I would put those things in off topic for now and tag them with something in the title.

Or it might be that the lack of a category just doesn't give people the idea of actually posting these kinds of subjects. Anyone care to express interest?

I'm sure there will be more of that coming in the future, though - good to know you have experience with user forums... ;)
Thanks. Looks like a great place. I'm actually a Nuke guy but I'm falling in love with Fusion more for every test, every tutorial.

And absolutely, it's a great methodology to single out and group posts into a new category, kinda like paving the strip of grass where everyone crosses over anyways. :)

Oh, and about your last line, don't even think about it, hehe, worst year of my life on a level where my kids remember how stressed out I was due to that crap. ;)