Welcome to WSL!

New to the forum? Please read this and this.

Thanks everybody! Please read - thanks for posts forum feature.

SecondMan
Site Admin
Answers: 30

Thanks everybody! Please read - thanks for posts forum feature.

Post by SecondMan »

Hey everyone,

Since this forum is all about sharing and collective learning, I thought it would be nice if we could offer a small reward (however symbolic it may be) to those who are especially generous with help, tips, tricks and tools, and who inspire others to make great art.

So from this day forward, you can thank people for the posts they make! :)

To do this there is a little button on the top right of every qualifying post (not this one):
ThanksButton.PNG
And when you press that button, the user's thanks counter goes up:
ThanksCounter.PNG
As simple as that :)

Now, this forum obviously isn't Facebook. So please, don't go pressing the thumbs up button every time someone says anything at all ;) - the idea behind these thanks is that they are meaningful, so save them for when you really learn something new, get a piece of genuine advice, borrow a great trick to do something awesome, or to thank someone who just made sure you don't have to work all night to make your deadline.

You can give thanks in all the Fusion Studio forums.

You can't in the Theatre, because it's not meant to be a rating system. :), however you can (and should) in the Sweatbox, for all the great WIPs that we can learn from.

There will be a test run until the 31st of December to see how well the system works, after which the counters will be reset to zero. This will happen every 1st of January. At the end of every year we'll see who gets to go home with the forum's greatest honour (who sucks the least, I guess :mrgreen: ), and we'll make sure to make that count!

Enjoy!

Oh, and the fact that the US is celebrating Thanksgiving next week is entirely coincidental...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SecondMan
Site Admin

Re: Thanks everybody! Please read - new forum feature.

Post by SecondMan »

Happy New Year everyone!

Now that 2014 has come to an end and the thank system tested, the thanks counters have been reset for 2015!

Here's the top 10 for the few months in 2014 (that's a top 10 plus 3 team member for anyone who's counting ;)):
thanks_2014.png
Unsurprisingly and well deserved, KomkomDoorn sits right at the top, no doubt that has something to do with the phenomenal release of Krokodove for Fu7. :)

Thanks to everyone in (and out of) that list for contributing - I almost can't believe how this place, just started as a test back in August, already counts over 300 members and more than 1600 posts in good spirits!

Bring it on, 2015! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SecondMan
Site Admin

Re: Thanks everybody! Please read - thanks for posts forum feature.

Post by SecondMan »

Happy New Year everyone! Again!

Welcome to 2016 - and we're off to a pretty good start with the new beta of Fusion 8 and some indicators that the cross-platform conversions are coming to a close. As you can tell by the previous posts and the following image:
Statistics_2015.png
...our forum has grown quite a bit over the last year. (This also brings back memories of some less successful interface experiments and going through the learning process of running a message board - things that I think are running a lot more smoothly at the moment.)

My sincerest thanks to all of you who contributed to the forum in the last year. You are ultimately what keeps this place ticking, and we'll continue to do our best to keep We Suck Less the best go-to place for all things Fusion. There is no shortage of plans, I can assure you that much!

And now that the counters have been reset once again, here's the top 10/13 of 2015:
ThanksList_2015.png
An especially big thanks must go to Chad this year. Or should we just start calling him 'BMD support', actually? Both here and on the BMD forum he is unstoppably generous with tips, advice and ideas, and I don't think I'm exaggerating when I suggest the Fusion community would be a lot less interesting, and less innovative without him.

Not only that, but we also saw the first release of his Indicated Fusion Plugins for Fusion 7, and soon - no doubt - for Fusion 8. If you haven't checked these out yet, make sure you do and pick up a license. Not only to support this new development, but also because these tools illustrate and motivate totally fresh workflow ideas in Fusion!

So there it is; thank you, Chad!

Bring it on, 2016! :)

Cheers!

Pieter

Chad
Fusionator

Post by Chad »

Dangit, I almost caught up to you, Pieter. I'll try harder for 2016, so watch out!

Farmfield
Fusionista

Post by Farmfield »

I must be the most stupid person alive, I don't see any thanks buttons..?

nsf
Fusioneer

Post by nsf »

Farmfield wrote:I must be the most stupid person alive, I don't see any thanks buttons..?
its probably OFF for this sticky

Farmfield
Fusionista

Post by Farmfield »

Grrr, it seems it is the adblocker even though I have it to "dont run on this domain" so I gotta check that out. Damn, that's a lot of thanks lost that I would have used, for sure.

SecondMan
Site Admin

Post by SecondMan »

The adblocker prevents you from seeing the thanks button?

Keep in mind it's not available in every subforum. For example, there are none here. Try in the Fusion one.

Farmfield
Fusionista

Post by Farmfield »

No, I think I used it to block some other element and the thanks button got hidden in the process, disabling it made it pop back into existence. Though I can't remember what I blocked initially. [insert facepalm emoticon here] :D

SecondMan
Site Admin

Post by SecondMan »

Farmfield wrote:insert facepalm emoticon here
I might get us one of those ;)

Vera de Milo
Fusioneer

Post by Vera de Milo »

I thought the Thank You All meant this forum was closing down.

SecondMan
Site Admin

Post by SecondMan »

Hahaha. I knew someone would read it that way :mrgreen:

Nah, only just warming up!

Farmfield
Fusionista

Post by Farmfield »

SecondMan wrote:
Farmfield wrote:insert facepalm emoticon here
I might get us one of those ;)
With me as a member, the need has obviously increased. :D

SecondMan
Site Admin

Post by SecondMan »

Chad wrote:Dangit, I almost caught up to you, Pieter. I'll try harder for 2016, so watch out!
I'm counting on it! :D

SecondMan
Site Admin

Post by SecondMan »

With a small delay, happy 2017 everyone!

Another year has come to an end - a pretty exciting one, too, with lots of movement, not in the least true platform independence for Fusion. I think it's safe to assume that we're going to see some exciting new releases in 2017, now that this hurdle has been taken!

But let's not forget our community and third party efforts, with new Domemaster Fusion Macros, a beta for Krokodove 7, and the utterly incredible Custom Shader 3D, or how about the insane GUI Design Fuse by Dunn.

On the content side, let's certainly not forget this massive undertaking here:

LeBuck's Ring theme based tutorial

as well as numerous others that can be found in the Theatre.

On the forum side, we now have the ability to use tags to help organize and retrieve the ever increasing amount of content, and better ways to share work. We have added a Wish List section to the forum, moderated by Chad. Active users have seen a couple more fun things appear, so if you wish to know what all that is about, keep sharing :)

So with the new year starting, the thanks counters have been reset. Let's take a quick look at the stats from 2016:
Thanks_2016.png
A special mention must go to relative newcomers AndrewHazelden, author of the aforementioned Domemaster macros, who has been using his scripting prowess to porting some really useful things to Fusion 8. Also ThinkingPenguin, who has been releasing very useful and nicely done tutorials, focused on using nothing but free software.

Of course this is only a small sample, and I wish to thank everyone who contributed to the forum this year, whether you posted the most amazing Fuse, or asked a simple question. Without users, a forum has no meaning.

So with 2017 taking a flying start, a good fun place to start this new year (apart from everything mentioned above) would be this:

ConFusion's Fusion 8 Free CONTEST

Enjoy 2017 everyone, and above all, thank YOU! :cheer: