Welcome to WSL!

New to the forum? Please read this and this.

Spline warper

Moderator: Chad

Kenzor
Fusioneer

Spline warper

Post by Kenzor »

Spline warping tool for images.

jirka
Fusioneer

Re: Spline warper

Post by jirka »

Yes please. For some tasks, spline warp is the way to go. Sp much easier to control then grid warp...

French_Fry
Fusionista

Post by French_Fry »

I hardly ever resort to the grid warp. It seems like there maybe some more advanced warp/deformers out there that could be implemented. Something like the puppet tool in AE works great in several cases, even if you're not using it to animate characters. :)

Midgardsormr
Fusionator
Answers: 28

Post by Midgardsormr »

Cruisin' in here to drop a +1. Spline Warp and a Puppet Tool equivalent would be really nice these days. Too many editors these days are requesting that we marry two different takes together, and the existing morph methods are both limited and time-consuming.

My compositing teacher told me that I'd probably never need to do a morph. I wish!

SecondMan
Site Admin
Answers: 31

Post by SecondMan »

Krokodove's Morph is an excellent Spline Warper, but the plugin needs updating to work with more recent versions of Fusion.

Better send Raf some love and Lego :)

Millolab
Fusionista
Answers: 6

Post by Millolab »

I think for Mac the only option available is Re:Vision Re:flex... it’s a bit pricey though

SecondMan
Site Admin

Post by SecondMan »

Millolab wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 3:39 pmit’s a bit pricey though
I don't think $600 dollars for a license is a lot when it allows you to save time, hence - hopefully - make money. It's a business expense which you recover (from). If it's for learning and evaluating there is a watermarked free license, so no risk. I know we're all "spoiled" with Fusion Studio costing a ridiculous half of that, which sadly distorts all of this.

I'm not saying everyone here is of the opinion that all software should be free, or that you are, @Millolab, and I'm also not in any way affiliated with Re:Vision Effects. I do want to add to this discussion that I would like to see the low cost of Fusion as an opportunity to create a viable and large market for third party commercial development also.

Midgardsormr
Fusionator
Answers: 28

Post by Midgardsormr »

Aye, the Re:Vision plug-ins are usually worth their price tag. We use RSMB frequently, and I was pretty happy with Re:Lens on a project a couple years ago. I may recommend it the next time I have to do one of those morphs.

But regardless, this is a Wish List forum, and it'd still be nice to see more warping tools in the main program! :mrgreen:

edit: Also it's $900 for a floating license, which is what we'd need at Muse.
Last edited by Midgardsormr on Sun May 23, 2021 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Millolab
Fusionista
Answers: 6

Post by Millolab »

Midgardsormr wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 8:49 amBut regardless, this is a Wish List forum, and it'd still be nice to see more warping tools in the main program!
100% agreed.

SecondMan
Site Admin

Post by SecondMan »

Oh absolutely, no objections there. In fact there are many more areas in the 2D area of Fusion where I'd like to see some love.