Welcome to WSL!

Make yourself at home, but before posting, please may I ask you to read the following topics.

Posting 101
Server space, screenshots, and you

Thank you!

PS. please pretty please:

UI: Allowing modifiers to add MainInputs in the flow to the tool they are modifying

Moderator: Chad

Chad
Fusionator

UI: Allowing modifiers to add MainInputs in the flow to the tool they are modifying

Post by Chad » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:21 pm

Oh sure, I'm looking forward to those "little tools", but it would still be neat if the modifiers that weren't pushed to the flow still could have MainInputs injected to the tile of the tool they are modifying. So for example Probe could just add another input where you can connect the input image to.

Kristof
Fusionista
Answers: 4

Re: UI: Allowing modifiers to add MainInputs in the flow to the tool they are modifying

Post by Kristof » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:14 am

Related to these topics?

https://www.steakunderwater.com/wesuckle ... f=20&t=947
https://www.steakunderwater.com/wesuckle ... f=20&t=910

Warning, blinking animated gifs in one of those threads. It is the season anyways...

I'm all for exposing as much as possible in the flow view. Makes it easier to set up things and to see how parameters are connected. To avoid having really complex comps, I do think that Fu needs to give final say to the user and give us several options as to how things will be made visible.

Keep the modifier tab workflow for those who don't like to work like that.

Like with this example, group multiple inputs to a single input. Make them expand when you click on the node. When grouped, you can RMB drag another node's output and select the input you want it to connect to from the list (like you can do now). etc.

French_Fry
Fusionista

Re: UI: Allowing modifiers to add MainInputs in the flow to the tool they are modifying

Post by French_Fry » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:28 am

I like the idea.

Dunn

Post by Dunn » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:41 am

+1
I want that too.