Welcome to WSL!

Make yourself at home, but before posting, please may I ask you to read the following topics.

Posting 101
Server space, screenshots, and you

Thank you!

PS. please pretty please:

3D Animate with offset

Moderator: Chad

Kenzor
Fusioneer

3D Animate with offset

Post by Kenzor » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:52 am

Animate with offsets along a 3d polyline. The same as animation with offset 2d polyline

French_Fry
Fusionista

Re: 3D Animate with offset

Post by French_Fry » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:03 pm

This to me is one of those "just do it". I feel like people have been asking for it for a long time. They have the camera working a bit like that now since 7, but we need to go all the way!

JPDoc
Fusionista
Answers: 1

Re: 3D Animate with offset

Post by JPDoc » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:11 pm

I'm assuming this means better control over 3D splines for both camera paths and object transforms. This has been mentioned a number of times here and only last month I had to jump through a lot of hoops (with some much appreciated help from Pieter) to get a 3D path that accurately followed a set of roads. The lack of controls on the 3D spline meant we had to make the paths in 2D and do a bunch of custom stuff just to get a 3D version that wasn't hugely innacurate.

From a commercial point of view it's worth noting that one of Fusion's biggest selling points vs "the other guys" is that the 3D system is so much better. Unfortunately the two issues noted above are enough of a pain to cause new users to miss that, particularly if they have any sort of 3D background.