Welcome to WSL!

Make yourself at home, but before posting, please may I ask you to read the following topics.

Posting 101
Server space, screenshots, and you

Thank you!

PS. please pretty please:

UI: Indicators On Nodes

Moderator: Chad

Kristof
Fusionista
Answers: 3

UI: Indicators On Nodes

Post by Kristof » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:52 am

In Nuke you have indicators on nodes, giving clues to what's going on without having to dive into that node:

http://help.thefoundry.co.uk/nuke/8.0/c ... nodes.html

I like the concept, but the graphical implementation of it looks horrible to me (as most things in Nuke).

jirka
Fusioneer

Re: UI: Indicators On Nodes

Post by jirka » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:16 am

This would be huge help. We need more info in the node tree, without the need to open the node panel. It speeds up work, especially for big scripts.

At least indicator for animation, expression and blend is a must. There was a script for animation indicator, but it was surprisingly slow. This needs to be interactive.

I would love to have an option to show first few parameters that are changed comparing to default, together with their value. So if blur default is 0 and it is changed to 2, text under node would say sizeX=2. It would be perfect to have all this customizable, but even just option to show 0,1,2 or 3 non-default parameters would be awesome. Most users I know change node defaults in Fusion, the process should count with that.

Kristof
Fusionista
Answers: 3

Post by Kristof » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:24 am

Yeah, I'm all for having as much visual feedback as possible, done in a clever way. And having this configurable too.

Midgardsormr
Fusionator
Answers: 19

Post by Midgardsormr » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:57 am

I strongly agree with this suggestion. I'd also like to see a visible indicator that node operations are concatenating. I believe Shake did that, if I remember correctly.

avclubvids
Fusioneer

Post by avclubvids » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:26 am

+1 Kristof +1 Midgardsormr