Welcome to WSL!

Make yourself at home, but before posting, please may I ask you to read the following topics.

Posting 101
Server space, screenshots, and you

Thank you!

PS. please pretty please:

UI: Bookmarks  [GRANTED]

Moderator: Chad

Kristof
Fusionista
Answers: 4

UI: Bookmarks

Post by Kristof » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:55 pm

A useful function of Nuke nodes is their ability to act as jump-to points throughout a project.
Have it storing any number of positions and zoom levels?

Dunn

Re: UI: Bookmarks

Post by Dunn » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:40 am

+1 Oh Yes, this one is a must have. i found myself lately ... wasting time scrolling .. scrolling .. zooming out / in .. scrolling to find the location of node. The navigation thingy didn´t really help.

pingking
Fusionista

Post by pingking » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:36 pm

it aint that complicated to build that a script which stores the positions and a nother which jumps to them

pingking
Fusionista

Post by pingking » Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:19 pm

code moved tothisthread to keep it in the "right" place

https://www.steakunderwater.com/wesuckle ... =990#p7568
Last edited by pingking on Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mclawest
Fusioneer

Post by Mclawest » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:47 pm

but... what's wrong with Ctrl+F ????

Kristof
Fusionista

Post by Kristof » Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:02 am

pingking wrote:code to store the "Hotspot" nodes and jump to them
Hey pingking, that's very generous of you! Thanks. I'm assuming it's a Tool script and judging by the .lua extensions it is for Fusion 8? So select the node to bookmark and run the StorePositions script and define a name. To go back to this position, that's something else. I also need to select a (any) node and then call the JumpTo script? If so, I'm apparently triggering the same save operation as in the StorePositions script, so I'm kinda stuck. Am I going about this in the wrong way?
Mclawest wrote:but... what's wrong with Ctrl+F ????
Nothing, but it's a different beast. You need to remember names of nodes. It's much easier to have jump-to points you can select from a list with clear names assigned to each anchor point. Thay way, any other artist working on the project can quickly go to these sections of a big comp. And don't forget the zooming level and focus: that's not something you can pin down to a single node, can you?

pingking
Fusionista

Post by pingking » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:07 am

Kristof wrote:
pingking wrote:code to store the "Hotspot" nodes and jump to them
Hey pingking, that's very generous of you! Thanks. I'm assuming it's a Tool script and judging by the .lua extensions it is for Fusion 8? So select the node to bookmark and run the StorePositions script and define a name. To go back to this position, that's something else. I also need to select a (any) node and then call the JumpTo script? If so, I'm apparently triggering the same save operation as in the StorePositions script, so I'm kinda stuck. Am I going about this in the wrong way?
currently both are comp scripts and for fu8, but should work in 7 too with .eyeonscript
the StorePosition script stores actuall the name of the active tool in a metadata field of the composition with the defined name
the jumpTo script reads out the stored names and you select to which you want to jump the flow view. no need to select a node there

Kristof
Fusionista

Post by Kristof » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:31 pm

Okay, finally got around getting my copy of Fu8 up and running but I get this error whenever I try to jump to a save position:

Code: Select all

...istof\Documents\_Content\fusion8\Scripts\Comp\jumpTo.lua:24: attempt to index global 'tool' (a nil value)
And if I look at your jumpto code, I can see it does expect a tool to be selected and then tries to save it?

pingking
Fusionista

Post by pingking » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:05 pm

you are totally right the code i posted here was the same for both scripts. sorry for that!

i corrected the post and moved it to the scripts section

https://www.steakunderwater.com/wesuckle ... =990#p7568

Kristof
Fusionista

Re: UI: Bookmarks  [GRANTED]

Post by Kristof » Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:34 pm

Fu17 has it by default now. Thanks!

andromeda_girl
Fusionista

Post by andromeda_girl » Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:01 am

i know Kristof is talking about the node view but this is related-
control+F and shift+F don't really work as expected. there was a time it did, but something changed years ago, i seem to recall not having this problem in the Fu6.4 days.

for example i have a monster comp with hundreds of mesh objects and lights. trying to just centre the view on what i want, it only works if i drag&drop the single item only, be it a mesh or a light, into a view
and then his shift+F or control+F to centre it,
THEN if i drag&drop my whole scene into the view it, THEN still centres around the item i want it to. i shouldn't have to undo my entire view and start it all over again just to centre on a selected item like this. i should just have to select and hit shift+F to do that.
it simply is impossible to centre on a selected item no matter what you do [and yes in Fu17beta as well

Chad
Fusionator

Post by Chad » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:32 pm

I'd love it if these bookmarks also could change the render start time and render end time. I might have a shot that is 1600 frames long, but there's two "events" that happen, like "sparks" and "explosion", I might have the tools for those effects in groups that would make sense for the bookmarks, but they also have frame ranges that would make sense, too.

UserNoah
Fusioneer

Post by UserNoah » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:30 pm

Chad wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:32 pm
I'd love it if these bookmarks also could change the render start time and render end time
+1 this would be very helpful