Copy/paste between Fusion and Resolve

Moderator: Chad

Chad
Fusionator

Copy/paste between Fusion and Resolve

Post by Chad » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:41 am

Copy/paste between Fusion and Resolve, even if indirectly. Meaning, for example, a Resolve grade node should be able to be pasted into Fusion, even if the UI is different, so that rendering can be executed from either application. On the Resolve side, that would involve calling an instance of Fusion, but at least we'd have interoperability without the disk I/O.

jirka
Fusioneer

Re: Copy/paste between Fusion and Resolve

Post by jirka » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:54 am

Having "Resolve Node" in Fusion would be awesome workflow enhancement. Even if it would not be editable in Fusion, just renderable. Filmlight have option to render (and edit) Baselight in Nuke comp, and it is great.

I do like the idea of having Fusion as a node inside Resolve. Maybe some kind of macro so it can have some controls exposed if needed. That would definitely get Resolve closer to finishing software.

avclubvids
Fusioneer

Post by avclubvids » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:03 pm

Baselight has/had an amazing feature where it creates a Nuke script, with Nuke Grade and Mask nodes, from a color session. So you can one-light your plates in Baselight to set a look, and export a Nuke script that will match that grade on the raw plate. Expands things beyond the CDL/LUT/ACES/OCIO realm because you can use secondaries and keys and masks.

It would be amazing to see something like this in Resolve->Fusion, a way to re-create the Resolve adjustments in a Fusion comp using Fusion nodes. Or an encapsulated Resolve node is good too, something that acts basically like a LUT but contains all the bells and whistles of a grade, not just the primaries.

jirka
Fusioneer

Post by jirka » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:54 am

With every Resolve release I hope there will be Python support. I would say it is about the time. Fusion Connect is not nearly enough, and Resolve users would benefit greatly as well (just look at the crazy stuff people do with scripting inside Vegas).
Fu 9 IMHO "killed Generation", so there is only one path for conform and shot prep now. Fingers crossed.