Welcome to WSL!

New to the forum? Please read this and this.

Desperate. Reactor Install Error folder with spanish characters, imposible in other folder

Moderator: SecondMan

juanra

Desperate. Reactor Install Error folder with spanish characters, imposible in other folder

Post by juanra »

In advance, thanks a lot.

Software: Davinci Resolve 17.2

I'm a computer engineer but I've been trying this for 2 days... I'm desperate.

I have read all related content in the forum and in google and try many things with no success.

I think the main problem is that I can't save any Fusion settings, when I close Davinci and open again, all settings of Fusion turns to default. I try to force things setting the temp folder out of my "special chars folder" and then run the installer setting a specific folder out of that folder, it seems that go well, but when I restart Davinci... no change no installation.

I try to install manually, first I saw that I did not have the Fusion folder and I create it, copy everything manually but I need to set the path maps manually in the fusion settings and again, when restart, nothing new... very frustrating.

Please I need to install it. I can put here all the information you need to help... folder structure, files... whatever.

Thanks a lot again.

AndrewHazelden
Fusionator
Answers: 11

Re: Desperate. Reactor Install Error folder with spanish characters, imposible in other folder

Post by AndrewHazelden »

Is this a personal computer that you have control over the root level folder items on the hard disk? If there is no IT person controlling the install process, you could manually make a "C:\Reactor\" folder using Windows Explorer. Then give this folder write access permissions in the folder's properties dialog.

In the Fusion PathMap settings, under the "User" heading change the Reactor PathMap entry to:

Code: Select all

To: C:\Reactor\
Quit and then relaunch Resolve once to lock that setting in.

When you re-run the Reactor Installer it should place the files in this C:\Reactor\ folder you have manually created.

AndrewHazelden
Fusionator

Re: Desperate. Reactor Install Error folder with spanish characters, imposible in other folder

Post by AndrewHazelden »

juanra wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 2:05 amI think the main problem is that I can't save any Fusion settings, when I close Davinci and open again, all settings of Fusion turns to default.
Please check if the following Fusion preferences folder paths have writable disk permissions using the Windows Explorer folder browsing view:

C:\ProgramData\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve\Fusion\
C:\ProgramData\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve\Fusion\Profiles\Default\

%AppData%\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve\Fusion\
%AppData%\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve\Fusion\Profiles\Default\

juanra

Post by juanra »

Thanks Andrew, so appreciated.

Yes it is a personal computer with full access by my own.

I did not have created those Fusion folders, I mean, I have this "C:\ProgramData\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve\" root, but not Fusion inside, I had created it and give it full access, and try again:

Here we have the first problem (main problem maybe). I put de user setting in the path map as you can see, close davinci and when open again, this pathmap doesn't exists.

In fact, any setting inside fusion is lost when restart. A small example is when I uncheck the "show toolbar" in fusion menu, when I reload, it shows again.

Thanks again but didn't work.

Any ideas?

AndrewHazelden
Fusionator

Post by AndrewHazelden »

Hi @juanra
juanra wrote:Any ideas?
Could you create a new Steakunderwater forum bug report entry on the "Suck Less Fusion Bug Tracker" about your Resolve Fusion page "Fusion Settings" entries being forgotten each time? This sounds like the main problem you are having at the moment that then brings about other issues.

A small example is when I uncheck the "show toolbar" in fusion menu, when I reload, it shows again.
FYI: Don't use that setting as a metric of success or failure. BMD's Resolve UI designer thinks everyone wants the toolbar in their life and so that isn't typically retained.

If a preference you set in the "Fusion Settings" window doesn't stick around when Resolve is restarted that is what needs to be solved.

Added in 43 minutes 55 seconds:

Manually Forcing your own Fusion Settings into Resolve

Listed below is something you could try to force a setting to be persistent in Resolve.

1. Quit Resolve.

2. Use "Windows Explorer" to manually create the following folder path (with all the of the intermediate sub-folders required):
%AppData%\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve\Fusion\Profiles\Default\

3. Save the following Fusion.prefs plain text formatted file into the folder path you created in step 2.
  1. {
  2.     Comp = {
  3.         Paths = {
  4.             EnableReverseMapping = false
  5.         },
  6.     },
  7.     Global = {
  8.         UserInterface = {
  9.             Skin = "Fusion",
  10.         },
  11.         Paths = {
  12.             Map = {
  13.                 ["FFmpeg:"] = "Reactor:/Deploy/Bin/ffmpeg/bin/",
  14.                 ["Reactor:"] = "D:\\Reactor\\",
  15.                 ["Scripts:"] = "UserPaths:Scripts;Reactor:System/Scripts",
  16.                 ["UserPaths:"] = "UserData:;AllData:;Fusion:;Reactor:Deploy",
  17.             }
  18.         }
  19.     }
  20. }
4. Restart Resolve and install Reactor using the Reactor installer script.

5. The next time you launch Resolve, you can check in the Workspaces > Scripts > menus to see if there is a Reactor set of menu items. Also, look in the "Fusion Settings" window to see if the customized PathMap entries are retained, too.
Last edited by AndrewHazelden on Wed May 19, 2021 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

juanra

Post by juanra »

Wow Andrew finally I love your hat!!!

finally I success!!!! but I had to create the Fusion.prefs inside other folder, the first you said me, did not work, but your idea was the key.

Basically I open the Fusion user prefs, predefined and create the file prefs inside:

Thanks a lot I'm very happy and you are awesome supporter.
Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks!!.

AndrewHazelden
Fusionator

Post by AndrewHazelden »

juanra wrote:finally I success!!!! but I had to create the Fusion.prefs inside other folder
For the future reference of people discovering this thread down the road, what was the absolute folder path location where you defined the Defaults: PathMap value / or saved the "Fusion.prefs" file to ? :)

juanra

Post by juanra »

Yes! It's a pleasure,
the folder that's works for me was:

Code: Select all

%AppData%\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve\Support\Fusion\Profiles\Default
Thanks again!