Welcome to WSL!

New to the forum? Please read this and this.

Getting started with Reactor

Moderator: SecondMan

relaxaqueencaxa

Re: Getting started with Reactor

Post by relaxaqueencaxa »

Hello @AndrewHazelden, thank you for the prompt response

Do you know what i need to change or where the problem lies? I can fix it since i am in IT/Cybersecurity unless it is something really esoteric. My problem is not understanding what is failing here. My guess is that since the script runs from inside the context of Davinci, OSX, blocks access but i am speculating here.

I can perform any changes unless they lead to some serious security issue on my computer.

I hope i was clear :) and thanks once more

Tags:

AndrewHazelden
Fusionator
Answers: 11

Getting started with Reactor on macOS

Post by AndrewHazelden »

Hi @relaxaqueencaxa.
relaxaqueencaxa wrote:I can perform any changes unless they lead to some serious security issue on my computer.

Fusion v16.2.x had some LuaJIT scripting/CURL regression bugs. This can cause different issues and errors on macOS Mojave, and Catalina. The WSL Bug tracker and the BMD Fusion forum have a few bug reports that discuss it.

Install an Additional Version of Fusion Other Than Simply v16.2.x

Can you try installing Fusion v9 (Free) or Fusion Studio v9, or Fusion 16.0/16.1 on your macOS system and run the Reactor installer script from the console there? Does it work as expected? Reactor running inside of Fusion v9 and v16 both will use the same shared "Reactor:" PathMap defined download folder.

Also, if you add a version number to the end of your Fusion program folder, when installing more than one copy of Fusion, you can easily have as many specific versions installed as you might want and they all work fine:

Change the Reactor Install Location

You have the option to change the "Reactor:" PathMap install folder location used to download all the Reactor content. You can modify this Reactor PathMap setting inside the Reactor Installer using the "Custom Install Path" button:

Modifiy the Reactor PathMap

It's possible to change the Reactor PathMap in the Fusion settings by opening up the "Fusion Studio > Preferences..." menu.

Then select and expand the "Global and Default Settings > PathMap" section on the top left side of the Preferences window. The "Reactor:" PathMap setting can be modified to use a more "userland" centric install location. An alternative "single-user desktop system" usage option for the "Reactor:" PathMap setting might be a folder like $(HOME)/Reactor/.

Environment Variable

If you take a peek at the GitLab Reactor Repo based Reactor Environment Variable documentation you will see an entry for REACTOR_INSTALL_PATHMAP.

Also make sure to check out the help topic: Using MacOS Launch Agent PLIST Files.

A Launch Agent .plist file is one approach that can be used to define environment variables on a mac. There is a sample "setenv.reactor.REACTOR_INSTALL_PATHMAP.plist" file you can download from the GitLab Reactor bonus folder. The file contents look like this:
Code: [Select all] [Expand/Collapse] [Download] (setenv.reactor.REACTOR_INSTALL_PATHMAP.plist)
  1. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  2. <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
  3. <plist version="1.0">
  4. <dict>
  5.     <key>ProgramArguments</key>
  6.     <array>
  7.         <string>/bin/launchctl</string>
  8.         <string>setenv</string>
  9.         <string>REACTOR_INSTALL_PATHMAP</string>
  10.         <string>AllData:</string>
  11.     </array>
  12.     <key>RunAtLoad</key>
  13.     <true/>
  14.     <key>Label</key>
  15.     <string>setenv.reactor.REACTOR_INSTALL_PATHMAP</string>
  16. </dict>
  17. </plist>

Disk Permissions

If someone has disk permissions or read errors while using the Reactor Installer/Reactor Package Manager on macOS Mojave or Catalina, I'd typically recommend they try the tips on the Creating the AllData Folder help page, too. :D

The macOS "System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Full Disk Access / File and Folders" window can be used to allow DaVinci Resolve, Fusion.app, and Fusion Render Node.app to have more disk read/write permission. This is important on macOS Catalina.

relaxaqueencaxa

Hi AndrewHazelden

Thank you for the prompt response. So it seems by changing the path i managed to get the installation to work but now i am facing two issues:
1. Stuck on "Opening Reactor..." (script window)
2. When i restart Davinci Resolve i don't see the Reactor tab

Is there a mirror where i can download Fusion v9? The latest is 16 but paid. :/

Best regards and thank you

AndrewHazelden
Fusionator

Post by AndrewHazelden »

Hi @relaxaqueencaxa.
relaxaqueencaxa wrote:Is there a mirror where i can download Fusion v9? The latest is 16 but paid. :/
Yes! There is a handy WSL thread that offers access via direct download links to all copies of BMD Fusion (Free) and Fusion Studio:

Fusion official download links

https://www.steakunderwater.com/wesuckl ... =16&t=3444

You want the entry for "Fusion 9.0.2 for Mac OS X" on that list. Then you should be all set. :)

relaxaqueencaxa

Hey Andrew ;)

You rule man. Managed to install Fusion 9.0.2. Any idea if any of the Davinci's work with this script? This Fusion seems a bit old. I am no expert on this but it seems a bit outdated when comparing to davinci?

tkoham

Post by tkoham »

This may have been answered elsewhere but my searches are coming up fruitless. Is there a way to access the reactor UI in resolve without re-installing the .lua file? I can't find it anywhere in the context menus

AndrewHazelden
Fusionator

Post by AndrewHazelden »

tkoham wrote:Is there a way to access the reactor UI in resolve without re-installing the .lua file? I can't find it anywhere in the context menus
Hi @tkoham.

Your post was a bit low on information. What operating system, and version of Resolve are you running?

If you are running Resolve v16.2.3 it would be expected that you would see a "Workspaces > Script > Reactor > Open Reactor..." menu item after you install Reactor and then relaunch the Resolve program once. If you don't see that menu entry, then you likely have a disk permissions issue that stoped the files from being saved into the Resolve "AllData:/Reactor/" PathMap folder on disk.

The root-level "Reactor" menu that exists inside of Fusion Standalone is not supported by Resolve since the design philosophy for Resolve is to promote a fixed UI design layout that has less customization. It's a concept the Resolve product manager feels strongly about. :bmd:

AndrewHazelden
Fusionator

Post by AndrewHazelden »

tkoham wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:46 am This may have been answered elsewhere but my searches are coming up fruitless. Is there a way to access the reactor UI in resolve without re-installing the .lua file? I can't find it anywhere in the context menus
Hi @tkoham.

Try running the Reactor.lua script, manually once from the Resolve console window via drag/drop-ing the script into the Nodes view, or the Console window. Launching the script will force a redownload of the Reactor menu items in Resolve and will hopefully solve your current issue. You should be able to find the Reactor.lua script on disk inside the AllData:/Reactor/System/Reactor.lua PathMap folder.

If things went well, the next time you re-launch the Resolve program, you will see the menu entries for Reactor. :)

ItsLeFrench

Post by ItsLeFrench »

Hi Guys

I am running linux, the Reactor-Installer.lua script starts but get stuck a quarter of the way downloading. I don't know if the script is made for windows computers only.

Is there a script that will work for linux? or do I need to install it manually?

Regards

ShadowMaker SdR
Fusionator
Answers: 10

Post by ShadowMaker SdR »

Have you tried all the stuff that's mentioned in the top post yet? There is an explanation on how to install Reactor on Linux.

Added in 1 minute 32 seconds:
There is also this topic, that may or may not be relevant to the issues you're having:

https://www.steakunderwater.com/wesuckl ... =32&t=3663

ItsLeFrench

Post by ItsLeFrench »

Thank you so much, the link to the other post had the solution. I needed dependencies for Pop!OS (Ubuntu/Debian).
After I installed libcurl dependency it ran the script perfectly!
ShadowMaker SdR wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:12 am Have you tried all the stuff that's mentioned in the top post yet? There is an explanation on how to install Reactor on Linux.

Added in 1 minute 32 seconds:
There is also this topic, that may or may not be relevant to the issues you're having:

https://www.steakunderwater.com/wesuckl ... =32&t=3663
mmaus24 wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:31 am
Saucimus wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:06 pm SOLVED!! THANK YOU!

For posterity - the solution to get Reactor to install on Resolve 16.2 using Ubuntu is to install the dev package of libcurl via the operating system.

Code: Select all

apt-get install libcurl4-openssl-dev
Thanks Saucimus! Works fine on Ubuntu 20.04 and Resolve 16.2.4 :)

Adrianoo

Post by Adrianoo »

Hi lovely people,
Reactor is not installing when I drop the LUA-file in Fusion Nodes section. There is just a dashed rectangle showing but nothing happens at all :? I'm on Windows 10.
Unbenannt.PNG
Would appreciate any suggestions how to fix this issue :)

MIR

Post by MIR »

Hi,
when I paste the Reactor-Installer.lua into the Fusion Console tab text input, it gives me:

[Reactor Installer] Version 3.141 - October 31, 2019

[Created By] Andrew Hazelden <andrew@andrewhazelden.com>

[Reactor Installer] Detected Fusion 9 running on Windows.

[GitLab Branch] "master"

[Reactor.cfg] Does not exist yet

Any help appreciated. Thank you!!!

SecondMan
Site Admin
Answers: 31

Post by SecondMan »

@MIR - you need minimum Fusion 9.02 to run Reactor.

@Adrianoo - what version of Fusion/Resolve is that? Have you tried drag/dropping it in the Console View?

tumo07

Post by tumo07 »

help me i can not install
resolve 16 2020
I'm on macos bigsur
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Log Error] Could not open ReactorInstallLog.txt for writing
[Reactor Installer] Version 3.141 - October 31, 2019

[Created By] Andrew Hazelden <andrew@andrewhazelden.com>

[Reactor Installer] Detected Resolve 16.27 running on Mac.

[GitLab Branch] "master"

[Reactor.cfg] Does not exist yet

[Reactor] Installation Started

[Reactor: PathMap] "/Library/Application Support/Blackmagic Design/DaVinci Resolve/Fusion/Reactor/"

Installation Status Step 1 of 8

[Downloads Started]

Installation Status Step 2 of 8

[Download URL]
https://gitlab.com/api/v4/projects/5058 ... ate_token=

Installation Status Step 2 of 8

[Reactor.fu Saved] /Users/trinhkhoa/Library/Containers/com.blackmagic-design.DaVinciResolveLite/Data/Library/Application Support/Fusion/Config/Reactor.fu

Installation Status Step 3 of 8

[Download URL]
https://gitlab.com/api/v4/projects/5058 ... ate_token=

Installation Error

[Reactor.luaWrite Error] /Library/Application Support/Blackmagic Design/DaVinci Resolve/Fusion/Reactor/System/Reactor.lua