Welcome to WSL!

New to the forum? Please read this and this.

Getting started with Reactor

Moderator: SecondMan

madeinlisboa

Re: Getting started with Reactor

Post by madeinlisboa »

Thank you. It seemed to run successfully but there is no submenu on Comp :(

UPDATE: The menu suddenly appeared. I'm going to check if everything is fine.

Tags:

AndrewHazelden
Fusionator
Answers: 11

Post by AndrewHazelden »

Hi @madeinlisboa.

How did things turn out in the end? Were you able to finally use the Reactor package manager on your system?

madeinlisboa

Post by madeinlisboa »

Hi @AndrewHazelden. Thank you for your concern.
Meanwhile, I'm on a project which doesn't need Reactor yet, therefore I didn't have the chance to test it.

Thank you again

madeinlisboa

Post by madeinlisboa »

Everytime I start Davinci, I need to run System_Reactor.lua, otherwise, the menu won't show.
I installed the Suck Less Audio modifier, but it won't show in the modifier lists.
AndrewHazelden wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:28 pm Hi @madeinlisboa.

How did things turn out in the end? Were you able to finally use the Reactor package manager on your system?

madeinlisboa

Post by madeinlisboa »

I finally solved the problem by doing some hardcore work. I had to rename my user folder and replace all instances of the older folder in the registry and others.

Please, consider a workaround for this issue in future releases.

Thanks

AndrewHazelden
Fusionator

Post by AndrewHazelden »

Hi @madeinlisboa.

Can you clarify in more details what exact settings you changed, and what the differences were before/after? :)

Are you running Windows 10 build 2004, or build 20H2?
madeinlisboa wrote:Please, consider a workaround for this issue in future releases.
Yup. I hear you. :)

At the moment there have been changes in Windows 10 20H2 and macOS Big Sur for account permissions and file writing access which I'm trying to gather Reactor user feedback on to be able to compensate for in the Reactor installer and documentation.

The general workaround is to use the "Custom Install Path" button in the Reactor installer and to save the files to a folder your Windows user account has write permission authorization to save to.

If there is a unicode character issue in the user account name, then alternatives are to use a folder location like C:\Users\Public\Reactor\ (Win) or /Users/Shared/Reactor/ (macOS) as the Reactor install location.

At the same time I've been trying to track down the source issue in the recent Resolve/Fusion v17-17.1 releases that have a QT window manager GUI bug that blocks the script Drag and Drop mode from working "as it used to always work" since day 1 of Reactor running in Fusion 9.0.2 in 2017.

Also, I've been wanting to revise the Config:/Reactor.fu custom menu file installation path over to a new approach that uses Fusion PathMap customization for Config: as UserPaths:Config;Reactor:System/Config but it requires some thought on how to gracefully upgrade existing installs so it avoids double-adding the Reactor menu if the old menu definition is in a write locked folder and can't be cleaned up. This would remove the final file in Reactor installs that wasn't migrated with a custom install path setting.

madeinlisboa

Post by madeinlisboa »

To my surprise, I still have Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.1440) and It was updated today. Weird

Setting "Custom Install Path" to another folder didn't help, because, even with that change, the script tried to install files in the user folder, and it always aborted.

I did nothing on Resolve or Reactor. I changed my user folder to CarlosAndreViana and re-linked all references that I know of to that folder. Then, the script run successfully.

AndrewHazelden
Fusionator

Post by AndrewHazelden »

Hi @madeinlisboa.

Thanks for clarifying your Reactor install experiences. I appreciate you taking time to provide this feedback and it will help improve future Reactor user experiences.

barjin

Post by barjin »

hi !
i install the Reactor-Installer.lua in DaVinci
But it did not pop up the Fusion reactor window(P1)
P1.png
Even if i put Reactor-Installer.lua in C:\ProgramData\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve\Fusion\Config
it still didn’t work.(P2)
P2.png
ReactorInstallLog.txt
(1.71 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
PC:window10 (X64) APP:DaVinci Resolve Studio 17.1

Jugui

Post by Jugui »

barjin wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:32 pm hi !
i install the Reactor-Installer.lua in DaVinci
But it did not pop up the Fusion reactor window(P1)P1.png

Even if i put Reactor-Installer.lua in C:\ProgramData\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve\Fusion\Config
it still didn’t work.(P2)P2.png

ReactorInstallLog.txt

PC:window10 (X64) APP:DaVinci Resolve Studio 17.1
兄弟,一样的报错,找不到解决方法,就这两天这样,打不开reactor,达芬奇17.1 :( :( :( :(

Animalchin-

Post by Animalchin- »

Hi new to Fusion 17 and I am getting the same issue as most people here with it getting stuck at step 7 of 8 Opening Reactor...

Running windows 10 x64 current build.