Welcome to WSL!

New to the forum? Please read this and this.

Getting started with Reactor

Moderator: SecondMan

GuillemV

Re: Getting started with Reactor

Post by GuillemV »

I just did... But it didn't fix the issue :-/
Let's hope BMD are listening to us...

Tags:

SecondMan
Site Admin
Answers: 31

Post by SecondMan »

:pom:

Here's an idea - rather than you having to downgrade Resolve, try installing Fu9 Free (download link here) and see if Reactor works in there?

RegularWiseMan

Post by RegularWiseMan »

I'm quite new to using Davinci Resolve and became interested in using Reactor after reading about the possibilities.

I am running the latest version of Resolve (updated 3 days ago) to 16.2.1.017 on a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015) Mojave 10.14.6 (18G4032)

I drag the Reactor-Installer.lua (3.14) into the fusion node window, the Ready to install pop up shows with the option to click "Custom Install Path" or "Install and Launch" I click "Install and Launch" and the progress bar shows up and hangs on 1/8 for as much as 30 minutes is probably the longest I have left it for without any progress is this normal? does it take longer?

Thanks for any help, this is driving me loopy, I just want to be editing.

SecondMan
Site Admin

Post by SecondMan »

Hm. Last time I saw that one reported, it was solved by downgrading to Resolve 16.1, but the bug responsible for that one was fixed in 16.2.1...

Do you have a firewall setup? Anything that could block access to the internet from Resolve?

If not, run this installer instead:
Reactor-Installer_debug.lua
(43.8 KiB) Downloaded 164 times
and please post what you see in the Console.

RegularWiseMan

Post by RegularWiseMan »

Thanks @SecondMan,

I just had a look at my preferences, my macOS firewall is off and I don't have any 3rd party firewall.

I've just run Reactor-Installer_debug.lua I've included a screenshot of the console readout.

Thanks.

*deleted Screen shot to save server space*

Code: Select all

[string "lj2curl/curl_ffi"]:1440: dlopen(lib curl.dylib, 5): image not found
Last edited by RegularWiseMan on Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

SecondMan
Site Admin

Post by SecondMan »

OK, first let's get a couple of things out of the way if you don't mind.

Welcome to WSL :)

No need to post screenshots for console output. Apart from taking up a lot of valuable server space and bandwidth, they are also not searchable. Instead, post output between [code][/code] tags, so it neatly becomes this:

[string "lj2curl/curl_ffi"]:1440: dlopen(libcurl.dylib, 5): image not found
Speaking of server space and screenshots, if you do wish to post them, please read this post first.

Now to the curl error. It has been reported a few times on the forum recently, and there is no clear solution for it yet - which bothers me :)

I do suspect it is a local system issue.

Could you tell me if there is a /usr/local/bin/curl folder on your system?

If so, is there also a /usr/bin/curl folder on your system?

And if so, could you rename (or even remove, but take a copy first) /usr/local/bin/curl and test the installer again?

!
I don't have a Mac available for testing unfortunately, so I'm basically doing this blindly.

RegularWiseMan

Post by RegularWiseMan »

Sorry, I didn't think, and wanted to give as much detail as possible.

I hope I'm looking in the right place, tried looking in Users> username> Library> Application Support> Blackmagic Design> Davinci Resolve> Fusion> Bins: Nothing

Tried punching

/usr/local/bin/curl
into terminal: Nothing

Tried punching

/usr/bin/curl
into terminal: curl: try 'curl --help' or 'curl --manual'

I punched in 'curl --help' but couldn't find anything saying "rename" and couldn't use 'open.' to open in finder to do it "by hand"

Sorry, I'm really quite inexperienced in terminal.

SecondMan
Site Admin

Post by SecondMan »

The bin/ folders have nothing to do with Fusion's bins. It's where programs are stored in Unix filesystems.

So to see if they exist, you could type cd/usr/local/bin/curl and see what happens (cd stands for Change Directory).

Let's do a different sanity check as well that doesn't involve Terminal. If you rely on free versions only, could you install Fusion 9 (free) and test the Reactor install in there? If it does, there is still a Resolve issue present.

Direct download links to Fusion versions here: https://www.steakunderwater.com/wesuckl ... 553#p26553

SecondMan
Site Admin

Post by SecondMan »

Actually, from what we now know - these are your options for running Reactor on a Mac today:

1. use Fusion Standalone (any macOS)
  2. revert to resolve 16.1.x (Mojave)
  3. upgrade to Catalina (with Resolve 16.2.1)
  4. disable SIP (Mojave)
  5. use windows or linux
  6. don't use 16.2.0 in any case

Pyr

Post by Pyr »

I can confirm deactivation of SIP solves this handily on Mojave. It only takes a moment and you can enable SIP immediately after you've installed what you need if it really concerns you. I really don't think it's a massive security issue though and the gains far outweigh the effort/risk in my case. In my laziness I tried living without Reactor inside ResolveFusion after my Mojave upgrade and it was a very dark time for me. Just disable SIP, install via the lua script and move along. Cryptomatte support alone is worth it; Krokodove on Mac would make it worth disabling SIP twice.

SecondMan
Site Admin

Post by SecondMan »

Thanks for the feedback, that's good to hear :)

Welcome to WSL - love the avatar ;)

ShadowMaker SdR
Fusionator
Answers: 10

Post by ShadowMaker SdR »

SecondMan wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:59 pm Welcome to WSL - love the avatar ;)
I wholeheartedly agree.
I don't think I've ever been meme'd before.

SteveWatson
Fusioneer
Answers: 3

Post by SteveWatson »

Hi,

just another Mac OS Mojave confirmation, I upgraded to Resolve 16.2.1 on my laptop, reactor wouldn't install. Turned off SIP, reactor then installed fine.

relaxaqueencaxa

Post by relaxaqueencaxa »

Hello Gents, i hope all is well :D

I am new here and new to Davinci. I am looking into creating an audio visualizer using one of the plugins provided through reactor.

I have OSX Mojave and Davinci Resolve 16.2.2.011.

I believe i have tried most of the things suggested by users here:
- Allows full disk access to Davinci through System Preferences
- The command line commands here: https://www.steakunderwater.com/wesuckl ... 5&start=75
- Disabling SIP
- Sacrificing a chicken to the almighty Steve Jobs

I simply can't get the LUA script to run. I get suck on 3/8 with the error:
[Reactor.LuaWrite Error] /Library/Application Support/Blackmagic Design/DaVinci Resolve/Fusion/Reactor/System/Reactor.lua

I have tried to write to the folder above using Python and it works fine so i am not really sure what is happening. Ii have modified the LUA script not to download the Reactor.lua and i downloaded it manually but then it failed on the cfg because it tries to open a file there.

Any way i can work around this? Best regards and thank you

AndrewHazelden
Fusionator
Answers: 11

Post by AndrewHazelden »

Hi @relaxaqueencaxa.
relaxaqueencaxa wrote:I have tried to write to the folder above using Python and it works fine so i am not really sure what is happening. Ii have modified the LUA script not to download the Reactor.lua and i downloaded it manually but then it failed on the cfg because it tries to open a file there.
My estimate is you have approximately 5 to 6 different solutions to your current macOS + Reactor install issue, as presented by your error message symptoms. All are usable solutions IMHO.
relaxaqueencaxa wrote:Any way i can work around this? Best regards and thank you
So... do you want the "easy" answer (from my side of things providing assistance to you), or the "hard" answer which would result in the least change to your system overall... but it will be a bit long for me to type out as reply?

I'm fine with either option. It's more your interest level. :)