Getting started with Reactor

Moderator: SecondMan

TogTobias
Fusioneer

Re: Getting started with Reactor

Post by TogTobias » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:21 pm

Thanks Greg.

Took me a bit to get everything working but I think I have it right. So far the render farm seems to be running proper.

Tags:

Firebird

Post by Firebird » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:09 am

Running Reactor now on a shared Networkdrive. :D

Simply amazing this tool. Thanks

gadas

Post by gadas » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:05 pm

Installation process was perfect, saddly while I press 'Open Reactor...' button - nothing opens and message "[Reactor Error] fetch failed: Couldn't connect to server" pop up in console.

188 line in Reactor.fu file.
Attachments
2018-02-20_23-27-33.gif
Last edited by gadas on Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChristopherNodal
Fusioneer

Post by ChristopherNodal » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:19 pm

Is your Fusion workstation connected to the internet?

Greg Bovine
Double M

Post by Greg Bovine » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:25 pm

gadas wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:05 pm
Saddly I have "[Reactor Error] fetch failed: Couldn't connect to server" log in console.
188 line in Reactor.fu file. (I started in administrator mode)
In order to download new content, Reactor needs to be able to make an outgoing internet connection from your copy of Fusion to the Reactor Gitlab repository page here:

https://gitlab.com/WeSuckLess/Reactor

Do you have an active internet connection from that system? If you are using Reactor on a network with a firewall installed you might have to check with your system administrator to see if you have an outgoing firewall rule or proxy server interfering with the download process.

gadas

Post by gadas » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:38 pm

Thanks guys, I installed program called 'GlassWire' and I was testing feautures - you are right, I had problem with firewall.

inohide
Fusioneer

Post by inohide » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:35 am

Hi,

Thank you for great tool 'Reactor'.

When I installed FFmpeg into the "C:\Program Files\ffmpeg\FFmpeg-shared\" manually, I added a user path "From: FFmpeg:, To: C:\Program Files\ffmpeg\FFmpeg-shared\". It worked.

I deleted the user path then I installed FFmpeg via Reactor. I found new FFmpeg into the "C:\ProgramData\Blackmagic Design\Fusion\Reactor\Deploy\Bin\ffmpeg". But I can't read MXF file.

I have to set additional user path?

Greg Bovine
Double M

Reactor "Bin" Category Items

Post by Greg Bovine » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:54 am

inohide wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:35 am
I deleted the user path then I installed FFmpeg via Reactor. I found new FFmpeg into the "C:\ProgramData\Blackmagic Design\Fusion\Reactor\Deploy\Bin\ffmpeg". But I can't read MXF file.

I have to set additional user path?
Hi Inohide.

The FFMPEG version that is included in Reactor was added so Lua scripts and user created tools would be able to rely on a consistently installed version of FFMPEG as a Reactor atom "dependencies" tag. An example of this use case for Reactor's FFMPEG atom package is the Reactor based "Scripts/Comp/Convert Movies to Image Sequences" atom.

There will be a Lua script included with the FFMPEG atom shortly to help add the FFMPEG: PathMap entry for you but it hasn't been posted yet.

Adding "Bin" Category items to Reactor is still in its early stages and some "Reactor Core" v1.1 revisions are underway now to make this process more streamlined and efficient. You will likely see these new Reactor features rolled out over the next ~2 weeks or so. Please be patient and I'm sure you won't be dissapointed. :)

Also, existing tools like the WSL "FFMPEG Encoding Intool Script" are in the process of being updated to work with Fusion 9.0.2 and the Reactor provided version of FFMPEG by default.

inohide
Fusioneer

Post by inohide » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:28 am

Hi Greg,

OK, I understood. I am looking forward to the next.

Thank you for quick reply.

intelligent machine
Fusioneer

Re: Adding a Visual Installed/Uninstalled Icon to Reactor's Atom List

Post by intelligent machine » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:01 am

AndrewHazelden wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:34 am
ShadowMaker SdR wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:35 am
Adding new features like multi-selections for installations are something that would be nice to add in a future Reactor update.
I agree that this would be cool. I'm just saying that - as a user - I was confused to what it was supposed to do.
Whether you're in Windows Explorer, Dropbox or whatver, the paradigm is: if there's a checkbox, then I can check it, to perform an action to the checked items.
Especially with a big button below that says 'update' or 'install' that's what I'm expecting.
Thanks for your feedback SdR! It is always handy for any developer to get extra feedback on how things are being interpreted by an end user.

As far as practical things that can be done to make this better and clearer for the user experience of Reactor in the future:

If you, and say 200 of your closest Reactor using friends, wouldn't mind hopping into the WishList entry below to add a few words of "+1" message support, a better approach could be implemented in Reactor that would visually indicate what atoms are installed or not using an RGB icon image on each row of the view as the indicator instead of the current checkbox approach.

WishList - ui:Icon Support in a UI Manager ui:Tree Layout
viewtopic.php?p=13598#p13598

The more users that voice support for this on the WishList thread, can only help get this get this UI Manager icon support feature (potentially) prioritized as something that would be considered by BMD for inclusion in the next Fusion dot update that comes out.
Hi!
My real name is: 200 of your closest Reactor using friends.
I know it's a long, weird name and I have had problems with it my whole life but it is my name.

+1

ChristopherNodal
Fusioneer

Post by ChristopherNodal » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:48 pm

OK 200 of your closest Reactor using friends, could you then maybe go over to viewtopic.php?p=13598#p13598 and voice your +1 there?

edenexposito

Post by edenexposito » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:05 am

Is not possible install Reactor in Da Vinci 15 by now?

Greg Bovine
Double M

Post by Greg Bovine » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:00 am

edenexposito wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:05 am
Is not possible install Reactor in Da Vinci 15 by now?
The finishing touches are being done on a Reactor v1.1 release that supports installation on Fusion 9 and Resolve 15. All I can really say is the Reactor update will be released sometime this month when it is complete.

artao

Post by artao » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:54 am

Hello,
New to the forums, and I've only been using Fusion for about a year. And not all that often at that. Primarily using it to create videos for my music, to upload to YouTube (In conjunction with Resolve, of course)
ANYHOW!
So I tried to install this using the download from the link on the first page. It came back with a Fusion Reactor Installation Error:
Failed on Step 4 of 10
[Download URL]
https://gitlab.com/api/v4/projects/5058 ... %2Elua/raw?

[AutorunReactor.lua Write Error]
E:\Projects\Fusion\temp\:\Reactor\AutorunReactor.lua

.. once i closed the error window, the "Installation Status" window remained open and I could not close it. I WAS able to close Fusion itself.

After that, I went to: https://gitlab.com/WeSuckLess/Reactor/b ... r-manually
I followed the steps there, and when I started Fusion, the Reactor menu was there and I was able to install a SLEW of plugins and scripts. Pretty cool.
Just thought you might like to know.
Thanks for Reactor!! I look forward to figuring out how to use these tools. IN PARTICULAR the glitch tools. ... Incidentally, if anyone has a link to documentation about using those, I'd sure appreciate it.

Anyhow, have a great day! :D

Greg Bovine
Double M

Post by Greg Bovine » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:06 am

artao wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:54 am
[AutorunReactor.lua Write Error]
E:\Projects\Fusion\temp\:\Reactor\AutorunReactor.lua

.. once i closed the error window, the "Installation Status" window remained open and I could not close it. I WAS able to close Fusion itself.
Hi Artao.

It sounds like you have edited your Fusion PathMap settings to move the "Temp:" folder to a different drive mapping. My guess is that you might have a syntax error in the "To:" field for that PathMap preference entry. Can you post a screenshot of your PathMap settings that shows the Temp: entry that is active?

Alternatively, Windows might have strange permissions for that folder which caused the write operation to fail.