Submitting someone else's work? (Vintage Lens)

Moderator: SecondMan

Miltos
Fusionista

Submitting someone else's work? (Vintage Lens)

Post by Miltos » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:04 am

I accidentally found a Fusion tool that tries to emulate vintage lenses but i don't think the creator is checking this forum.

The setting is free on Github with the following instructions:
The VintageLens simulates vintage lens characteristics. It adds such optical artifacts as anamorphic flaring, ghosting and chromatic aberrations. To install the VintageLens tool copy the file VintageLens.setting into Fusion installation directory Drive:\Program Files\Blackmagic Design\Fusion\Macros\

Do you think we should make an atom ourselves mentioning the creator or should we find a way to communicate with him and ask him to join the club and do it himself?

His name is Einar Gabbassov in case someone here happens to know him.

SecondMan
Site Admin

Re: Submitting someone else's work? (Vintage Lens)

Post by SecondMan » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:04 am

Excellent question!

The first thing I would do is try to get in touch with the tool's creator. Send him a quick email and see if anything comes back?

If it doesn't; there doesn't seem to be a license or any clear copyright on the page. That suggests that the tool is pretty much open for people to use. I would then start a forum topic in the Macros forum so the tool can be tested, perhaps improved, and receive feedback from users. If all goes well and the tool is nice and people want it we can submit it to Reactor in here and make sure proper credit is given.

Miltos
Fusionista

Post by Miltos » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:55 pm

I finally managed to track Einar down and he said he needs a couple of weeks to check what it is we are doing with Reactor as he is currently in a lack of time. Hopefully he will join the forum as well and add the atom of his macro.

SecondMan
Site Admin

Post by SecondMan » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:00 pm

Nice! Thanks so much for doing that, Miltos.