updated plugins

Moderator: SecondMan

dnovak

updated plugins

Post by dnovak » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:09 am

Hey,
I'm new to Reactor so I may be making a rookie mistake, but I was wondering how to get the latest versions of the plugins. For example I'd like to use the newest version of DepthDefocus v07-1. The version that I get is clearly an earlier version with less features. How do I get the newest version of it and other plugins.

thanks
Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 4.10.02 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 4.10.02 AM.png
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 4.10.45 AM.png

intelligent machine
Fusioneer

Re: updated plugins

Post by intelligent machine » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:35 am

I was able to grab it from the VFXPedia web archive here:
https://archive.org/details/wiki-vfxpediacom

I haven't looked at any of this myself but did find what you were looking for and zipped it for you.
Attachments
DepthDefocus-Archive from VFXPedia web archive.zip
(32.5 KiB) Downloaded 5 times

dnovak

Post by dnovak » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:40 pm

Thanks, I also was able to find the newest version, but I have no clue as to where the old version is installed on a Mac or how to replace it. The Docs say that there should be a Reactor folder in my Application Support folder. There isn't one. There is a Reactor thing in the Config folder but that's all. I would think that it would be as easy as replacing the old tool with a new one, but being no Fusion expert it's a bit vexing for a nube.

pingking
Fusionista

Post by pingking » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:55 pm

if there is a newer version availible in Reactor you can use the "Update" button to install the new version

intelligent machine
Fusioneer

Post by intelligent machine » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:48 pm

dnovak wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:40 pm
Thanks, I also was able to find the newest version, but I have no clue as to where the old version is installed on a Mac or how to replace it. The Docs say that there should be a Reactor folder in my Application Support folder. There isn't one. There is a Reactor thing in the Config folder but that's all. I would think that it would be as easy as replacing the old tool with a new one, but being no Fusion expert it's a bit vexing for a nube.
The system application support folder, not your profile:
/Library/Application Support/Blackmagic Design/Fusion/Reactor/Deploy

dnovak

Post by dnovak » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:09 am

Got it, thank you so much! This helps me not only for this Macro but helps give me a better understanding where I need to update other tools and macros.

Greg Bovine
Double M

Post by Greg Bovine » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:39 am

A quick way to access the Reactor folder is to use the Reactor > Advanced > Show Reactor Folder menu item. Then you can open up the Deploy folder and browse the Reactor downloaded content.

Show Reactor Folder.png

Fefson

Post by Fefson » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:13 am

Is there an easy way to get an overview which atoms are up to date or not?

SecondMan
Site Admin

Post by SecondMan » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:43 pm

Fefson wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:13 am
Is there an easy way to get an overview which atoms are up to date or not?

There are a few things you can do. One is to keep an eye on this forum: viewforum.php?f=33

There are also the Fuse Scanner and Plugin Scanner scripts (available on Reactor) that give you a neat list of what is installed on your system.

We're thinking of more features for Reactor (and don't forget that Reactor is open source, so feel free to cook your own) but no ETA as to what and when things will happen.

In the meantime I dug out the very latest available versions of DepthDefocus and ExtendEdges and submitted them to Reactor. You can update/install them now :)