Reactor 2.0 Release Announcement

Moderator: SecondMan

SecondMan
Site Admin

Reactor 2.0 Release Announcement

Post by SecondMan » Tue May 22, 2018 12:00 am

We Suck Less proudly presents Reactor 2.0 for Fusion and DaVinci Resolve.

reactor-logo.png
Reactor Logo
reactor-logo.png (28.91 KiB) Viewed 9943 times

Welcome to 220518.

Download the Reactor Installer

Reactor-Installer.lua
Reactor 2.0 Installer
(44.03 KiB) Downloaded 1142 times

Quick Install

Download the Reactor-Installer.lua script above and simply drag it from your desktop into the Fusion Console tab to run it. Alternatively, you can also copy/paste the script into the Console text entry area. In DaVinci Resolve 15 you can also drag the script from your desktop into the Nodes view to run it.

What is Reactor?

Created by the We Suck Less Fusion community, i.e. the people right here, Reactor is a free and open source package manager for Fusion and DaVinci Resolve.

Reactor streamlines the installation, distribution and management of third party content for Fusion through the use of "Atom" packages that are synced with an online Git repository.

Why use Reactor?

With Reactor, third party Fusion content such as Scripts and Plugins can be installed with a click of a button, rather than having to manually download, copy and edit individual files.

Why did WSL create Reactor?

Recent times have been very exciting for Fusion users. Fusion has been going from strength to strength - as well as from platform to platform - with every recent release. WSL as a community recognizes this and wishes to provide and maintain an open platform to help converge the many artists and efforts that make Fusion even better. The continuing development of Reactor expresses our commitment to that goal.

What will I get?

Reactor's first major update comes with support for DaVinci Resolve 15. To aid in this new development, Reactor 2.0 offers a new "Resolve Essentials" atom that makes it easier to use Resolve 15 by restoring several key missing Fusion Standalone features and a new MediaOutUltra node allows for writing multi-channel EXR imagery and other formats to disk directly inside of the Fusion page.

The Atomizer package editor receives an update as well with a redesigned GUI and improved atom editing features including command line support. A new "Notepad++ for Fusion" atom provides an easy to install version of Notepad++ that works with Syntax Highlighting for Fusion's standard file formats, and a new "Sqlite3" atom makes it possible to read the raw data stored in a Resolve 15 project file database from the command prompt and in scripts.

How do I use Reactor?

Installing Reactor will add a new menu conveniently named "Reactor", from which Reactor can be launched.

This will then look something like this:

Reactor2.0-running-inside-Fusion-2.PNG
Reactor 2.0 running inside Fusion

The UI is pretty self explanatory. That's right; all of the tools, tips and tricks that you've had to search the internet, wade through hundreds of forum posts, dig through endless Wiki pages, or email your long lost friends for, are now available under one roof. One mouse click away. As I am typing this, more content is being added and now that the tools are out in the open, this will continue on a regular basis.

A new Fusion install on a brand new machine? Just install Reactor and quickly install all the additional tools you need, in seconds. It's so brilliantly convenient I almost can't think of doing it any other way anymore.

It doesn't quite stop there - our Fusion Scripting guru extraordinaire Andrew Hazelden also came up with Atomizer, an Atom Package Editor that greatly simplifies the process of preparing tools for inclusion with Reactor; the so called Atoms.

Reactor2.0-Atomizer.PNG
Atomizer
Reactor2.0-Atomizer.PNG (14.51 KiB) Viewed 3512 times

For Reactor support and development we have also introduced two new forums on WSL: Reactor, where you can find all documentation and discussions about the day-to-day Reactor usage, as well as - no doubt - future feature requests and announcements, and Reactor Submissions for everything to do with creating and submitting content for Reactor.

What do I need to run Reactor?

You need Fusion (Free) or Fusion Studio version 9.0.2 or later, or Resolve (Free) or Resolve Studio 15 beta 3 or later running on Windows, macOS or Linux to enjoy the full functionality of Reactor 2.0 and its content.

Notes and Links

Enough to whet your appetites? Then please go ahead and check out the detailed installation instructions and a sparkling new topic on using Reactor.

And when you feel ready to contribute content to Reactor, read up on Atom packages and Atomizer and enjoy the ever growing - and now beautifully organised - library of community content!

Read the full Press Release here.

jctarvin

Re: Reactor 2.0 Release Announcement

Post by jctarvin » Fri May 25, 2018 5:47 pm

Tried to access "using rector" topic, but it said i didn't have permission to view it. Though i could access the "detailed installation instructions" topic. So, I can install it, but won't know how to use it. Not good.

AndrewHazelden
Fusionator

Reactor Documentation

Post by AndrewHazelden » Fri May 25, 2018 6:12 pm

jctarvin wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 5:47 pm
Tried to access "using rector" topic, but it said i didn't have permission to view it. Though i could access the "detailed installation instructions" topic. So, I can install it, but won't know how to use it. Not good.
Hi @jctarvin.

If you try the "Using Reactor" link again it should work now. :)

A copy of all the Reactor documentation can also be read on the Reactor GitLab repository page, too. Here is a direct link to the Using Reactor topic there.

If you have Reactor installed, you can also add a local copy of the documentation by clicking on the Docs category and then installing the Reactor Docs atom package.

AndrewHazelden
Fusionator

Post by AndrewHazelden » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:23 pm

Hi. I wanted to comment that Fusion Studio v9.0.2 users who installed the original Reactor v1 release should consider updating to Reactor v2.0 by downloading and running the latest Reactor installer Lua script that is found at the top of this thread.

By running the Reactor installer script to upgrade from Reactor v1 to v2 you will update the existing Config:/Reactor.fu file on your system. When you do this upgrade you will see that several new Reactor menu entries are added to Fusion. Also, each time the Reactor window is opened, an improved differential syncing technique is used to download the atom files. This will help speed up your Reactor load time. :)

Approximately 1400 people installed Reactor v1.0 this year. At this point in time only 662 people have installed Reactor v2.0 so there are a lot of people that have not seen the improved user experience.

KeyframeHerder

Post by KeyframeHerder » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:54 am

Is there a way to transfer the macros from Reactor to an offline system?

SirEdric
Fusionista

Post by SirEdric » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:25 am

Well...just click install and they will be downloaded to your local machine.
Now unplug your network connection.
The downloaded Macros(Tools/Scripts/...) are now on an offline system...:-)