Reactor with UNC paths?

Moderator: SecondMan

paulrus

Reactor with UNC paths?

Post by paulrus » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:59 am

I searched and didn't see this discussed. I currently have a shared network folder where all plugins, fuses, etc., go. It looks like Reactor is geared towards local installations. Is there a way to point it to a UNC path instead?

Thanks!

Paul

AndrewHazelden
Fusionator

Re: Reactor with UNC paths?

Post by AndrewHazelden » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:36 am

paulrus wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:59 am
I searched and didn't see this discussed. I currently have a shared network folder where all plugins, fuses, etc., go. It looks like Reactor is geared towards local installations.
PathMaps are the "Fusion" native way to provide flexible installation and shared resource based filepaths that work seamlessly across Mac/Windows/Linux workstations and render node systems.

Reactor allows you to use an environment variable called REACTOR_INSTALL_PATHMAP to define a custom installation location for the Reactor: PathMap value that is used to store the Reactor "core" files and the downloaded atoms. You can point this REACTOR_INSTALL_PATHMAP environment variable at a network drive that is on a mounted Windows share location if you want.

This approach is described in the Reactor Docs in the Creating-Environment-Variables.md help file. You either install the ReactorDocs atom package locally to see these notes, or read the same help content on the Reactor GitLab page here:
https://gitlab.com/WeSuckLess/Reactor/b ... riables.md

The Installing-Reactor.md help file also has a topics "Using Reactor Content on a Fusion Render Node" that can provide answers to your questions:
https://gitlab.com/WeSuckLess/Reactor/b ... rendernode

WSL topics that have discussed these shared Reactor installation approaches include:

Re: Reactor custom installation as preset?

viewtopic.php?p=15996#p15996

Re: Psyop's Cryptomatte In Fusion

viewtopic.php?p=14513#p14513

Re: Getting started with Reactor

viewtopic.php?p=14436#p14436

paulrus

Re: Reactor with UNC paths?

Post by paulrus » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:42 am

Excellent! Thanks!