Fusion network rendering problems using Reactor

Moderator: SecondMan

kangoocarl1

Re: Fusion network rendering problems using Reactor

Post by kangoocarl1 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:58 am

I did take the additional Reactor path out of the Plugins path - no change after this.

Fusion.Prefs: What shoudl I look after - are you talking about the Fusion.prefs file on the Fusion Studio workstation or on the Render Nodes?

Thanks,
Martin

SecondMan
Site Admin

Post by SecondMan » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:56 am

Whichever does not work :)

AndrewHazelden
Fusionator

Post by AndrewHazelden » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:00 am

kangoocarl1 wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:58 am
Fusion.Prefs: What shoudl I look after - are you talking about the Fusion.prefs file on the Fusion Studio workstation or on the Render Nodes?
Hi @kangoocarl1.

You've likely spotted this already but it's worth noting that the Fusion Render Node v9 program has its own dedicated preference file called "Profile:/RenderNode.prefs". This is separate from the Fusion GUI preference file "Profile:/Fusion.prefs".

These preference files are stored in Lua tables. If you use a programmer's text editor to do a direct edit of the .prefs files you should activate the text editor's built-in "Lua syntax highlighting" option. This will make it easier to spot unterminated strings or badly escaped characters that may have been entered by hand or via "find & replace" approaches. :)

kangoocarl1

Post by kangoocarl1 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:24 am

So I have opened Fusion.prefs ans well as RendeNode-prefs and had a look. The pathmpas are stored there exactly as shown in the Prefs-Settings. Is there anything particular I can check to figure out what might be false with the Reactor behavior?

SecondMan
Site Admin

Post by SecondMan » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:51 pm

I don't think it has to do with Reactor, really. All Reactor does is put stuff in the right places for you. I'm kinda running out of ideas, short of just uploading your .prefs files here...

When I get a moment I'll try to set up a Render Node with Reactor and Krokodove to at least verify it works in principle. It won't be in the next couple of days though...

kangoocarl1

Post by kangoocarl1 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:35 am

I understand (Reactor only puts stuff in places...). It woudl be great to know if Korkodove does and shoudl work smooth with Reactor though. Whenever: I appreciate your time testing this and letting me know.

Thanks again for your help on this topic! Highly appreciated.

Martin ;)