Welcome to WSL!

New to the forum? Please read this and this.

Reactor 3 Release Announcement

Moderator: SecondMan

robby_kwela

Does Reaktor Work with Davinci Resolve 17 on OS Big Sur

Post by robby_kwela »

Hi there Im haking problem with instaling reaktor on my m1 mini Mac running Big Sur it gen to step 7 and Finder window is poping out Can anybody help please
Screen Recording 2021-01-22 at 18.24.09.mov
(9.74 MiB) Downloaded 34 times

SecondMan
Site Admin
Answers: 31

Re: Reactor 3 Release Announcement

Post by SecondMan »

It's Reactor, not Reaktor... :)

There have been multiple reports of Reactor not going beyond that step on the M1/Big Sur Macs. Alas, I have no Mac so I can't test it. I do hear a lot of chatter about access control problems in the latest Macs, whatever that means, so first thing I'd do is try to install it to a custom folder where you are certain to have full read and write permissions.

Hope that helps.

Oh, and please next time could you use a video sharing service for screen recordings, instead of uploading them directly to the forum? Google's pockets are larger than mine ;)

SecondMan
Site Admin
Answers: 31

Post by SecondMan »

Update on this @robby_kwela, there is now a report that the most recent beta 7 on Mac M1 may help resolve (never gets old) this issue.

DancingDad

Post by DancingDad »

User_4393496 wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:41 am Hi, I too had problems installing Reactor (it crashed at Step 7/8) but thanks to this forum:
- https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/view ... 1&t=121798

I found the solution to my problem: the "Synology" service was the problem in my case, now I have disabled it and everything works!
Thanks! :D This was the issue I had (see my comments above)

Martin

Post by Martin »

Hi, I´m having a hard time trying to install Reactor under Da Vince Resolve 17.1 build 25 this error on step 3 appears, any thoughts?
Thanks in advance

AndrewHazelden
Fusionator
Answers: 11

Post by AndrewHazelden »

Hi Martin.

You might try following the Reactor for macOS installation tip:
Running Reactor on a Mac

Hopefully that will help you get up and running with Reactor and your copy of Resolve. 👍

As a followup troubleshooting question, is this a copy of Resolve you downloaded from the Blackmagic Design website? Or... is this copy of Resolve that was installed on your macOS system using the macOS App Store?

Martin

Post by Martin »

Hi Andrew, this is a copy from the macOS App Store. Followed the steps and allowed Da Vince Resolve on Full Disk Access but can´t find the Files and Folder on Security and Privacy and the Fusion.app and Fusion Render Node.app! What am I missing?

AndrewHazelden
Fusionator

Post by AndrewHazelden »

Hi @Martin.
Martin wrote:What am I missing?
If a BMD customer purchases Resolve Studio, outside the "walled garden" environment of the Apple App Store environment, they get a few perks:

By dealing directly with a vendor like a BMD Pro-Video reseller, the Resolve Studio customer gets access to macOS/Windows 10/Linux versions of the software, and via the magic of having a Resolve Dongle or Resolve Activation code license those customers get to use a copy of the standalone (full) version of Fusion Studio v17.x which is delivered as two programs called "Fusion.app" and "Fusion Render Node.app".

You also get access to unlimited, license fee Fusion Studio render nodes which can be installed on other computers in your home or office setting to speed up rendering of complex VFX elements. :)

Martin

Post by Martin »

Unfortunately, this ain´t the best time to purchase a license! So Reactor only works with the Studio version?

AndrewHazelden
Fusionator

Post by AndrewHazelden »

Hi @Martin.

The good news is, No. You don’t need Resolve Studio to be able to enjoy Reactor usage. It is implemented as a set of Lua scripts which run fine in the free versions of BMD software.

You can set up Reactor with Resolve (Free) v15-17.x it’s also possible to use Fusion (Free) v9 which can still be downloaded from the BMD Support Center and used, as well one can use Reactor with Fusion Studio v9.0.2 - v17.x.

It’s more that the Apple App Store version of Resolve is kinda more fidgety and picky to get Reactor added to since Apple locked down the file system so hard with a $Home/Library/Containers/ folder that even saving a single .txt file to disk needs permissions to be adjusted. Which for sure is a pain... but also a fact of life with Mac OS BigSur and beyond I suppose. :bmd:

masha_moo

Post by masha_moo »

Hello! Thanks for everything you're doing)
But I ran into the same problem as Martin - the installation process stops at step 3 (Mac M1, Big Sur 11.4, Davinci Resolve 17)
I granted full access to the DaVinci but it still doesn't work. There is also advice to disable macOS's SIP (System Integrity Protection), but it sounds scary... Could you please explain what else is there to solve this installation problem? If it is possible - could you please explain it on a dummies-level - English is not my native language and I'm a new user of DaVinci (and also I am a humanitarian). Thanks in advance!

This is information from the console:

Installation Status Step 3 of 8

[Download URL]
https://gitlab.com/api/v4/projects/5058 ... ate_token=

Installation Error

[Reactor.luaWrite Error] /Library/Application Support/Blackmagic Design/DaVinci Resolve/Fusion/Reactor/System/Reactor.lua

AndrewHazelden
Fusionator

Post by AndrewHazelden »

Hi @masha_moo.

Are you using an Apple App Store installed version of Davinci Resolve? It's worth mentioning the app store release has limited the functionality due to "sandboxing" of the app. If this is the case, you might try switching over to using the official version of Resolve that is provided by BMD's official Support Center website:
https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/suppor ... and-fusion