Welcome to WSL!

New to the forum? Please read this and this.

Reactor 3 Release Announcement

Moderator: SecondMan

dtll84

Re: Reactor 3 Release Announcement

Post by dtll84 »

Thanks SecondMan!

It worked. The fail was because the accent mark.
The second potential problem is that special character in your username.
I have had to create a new admin user but it works.

pinthenet

Post by pinthenet »

I'm trying to install Reactor in Resolve 16.2.1.07 - is it compatible? I thought I saw a comment that it wouldn't install in 16.2 but I wasn't sure.

I've tried several times but it always hangs up at the end 'Opening Reactor...'

Installation Status Step 6 of 8
[Showing Reactor Folder]
C:\ProgramData\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve\Fusion\Reactor\System\
Installation Complete Step 7 of 8
Opening Reactor...

I found entries in the "Fusion Settings"/"Path Maps" and there are folders and files in \ProgramData\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve\Fusion\Reactor\System but
I don't find any entries on the Workspace/Scripts menu, even after restarts. I tried the debug version but it didn't show anything for the last steps. Also I couldn't find the install log, although that's probably because I had to copy/paste the script into the console

DancingDad

Post by DancingDad »

Hi,

Fusion/Resolve/Reactor Newbie here!

I am using DaVinci Resolve Studio 16.2.1.017 / Windows 10

After having install issues with the version of the Reactor.lua script provided at the top of this thread, I noticed others were having similar issues with the latest release of Resolve. With nothing to lose, I removed all the reactor directories (I am first time installer) and tried the latest Reactor.lua script from the gitlab site which is Version 3.141592 and was updated on April 6, 2020. Link: https://gitlab.com/WeSuckLess/Reactor/- ... eactor.lua

I copied that script into the Fusion console (Dragging it onto the node window does not do anything) and (I think) it installed without issues. :D

I now have the Reactor folder under scripts and a window called Fusion Reactor with a number of folders and lists of comps/scripts etc. (as defined by folders).
(I noted that the installer looked visually a little different from the previous one)

UPDATE : OK, so not quite working as expected. I was able to see and download some of the atoms, but after closing I could not open Reactor again from the menu. Only the links to websites work. On running the script again, Reactor would start but it won't launch from the menu. I also noted the other scripts added from Reactor also do not start. (outside of the links to websites for Tutorials, steakunderwater etc.). Clearly still some issues, but at least I can start looking. I also owe a few peoples some tips...

Cheers,
DD

pinthenet

Post by pinthenet »

Thanks DD, tried that today and I got the same results. I noticed there is also a newer install script from December but that gave the same results.
I guess we'll have to be patient

John

SecondMan
Site Admin
Answers: 31

Post by SecondMan »

@DancingDad and @pinthenet - do you have any antivirus/firewalls running? If so, make sure nothing to do with Fusion is being blocked.

See also https://www.steakunderwater.com/wesuckl ... =32&t=3670 - seems like the same is going on there.

pinthenet

Post by pinthenet »

I'm running G Data Total Security and I've added all Resolve folders to the exception lists. I can't see anything in the G Data logs suggesting it's blocked anything, but not sure if it would record it anyway. I couldn't see anything definite in the other thread, but I'll keep monitoring

UPDATE: I just re-ran the latest Reactor.lua, which finished by opening Reactor successfully. I then installed a plugin and restarted DR & the plugin was available. I still can't run Reactor after restarting DR but if I run the script once more I can install further plugins.

tomwalter

Reactor Problem Installation Fusion Resolve 16 on Mac

Post by tomwalter »

Hello,
When I install reactor in Resolve 16 in the fusion tab there is an error message that appears and blocks the installation (see attachment). Can you help me solve this problem?

Thank you

SecondMan
Site Admin

Post by SecondMan »

@tomwalter https://www.steakunderwater.com/wesuckl ... 694#p31694

Hope that helps.

DancingDad

Post by DancingDad »

SecondMan wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 12:56 am @DancingDad and @pinthenet - do you have any antivirus/firewalls running? If so, make sure nothing to do with Fusion is being blocked.

See also https://www.steakunderwater.com/wesuckl ... =32&t=3670 - seems like the same is going on there.
@SecondMan, I will check again but I don't think it is related to fusion being blocked. I was able to run the updated script as previously described and it downloaded the files from gitlab. I was then able to choose the comps, Fuses etc. that I wanted to look it. This all worked. As I mentioned the menu is populated correctly it just does not seem to do anything other than the links to the websites.

SecondMan
Site Admin

Post by SecondMan »

DancingDad wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 1:21 pmI was able to run the updated script as previously described
But you ran it by pasting the code into the Console, right? Not by drag/drop?

And can you run other scripts from the Script menu? I'm not talking about the website links, but other third party scripts. Comps and Fuses are also different in this sense, they don't need any open ports to function.

DancingDad

Post by DancingDad »

UPDATE: I have just tried to load Reactor again and now it opens! :) (I have not run any other script promise).
I was just testing which scripts ran from the menu to answer your question and after the "About Reactor" window loaded I tried Reactor again and it has now loaded.
Hmmm... The only other action I have done that might have an impact has been to reboot my PC. Perhaps there is a path config that changes?

pinthenet

Post by pinthenet »

Still no luck here, which script was the last one you loaded DancingDad?
I have done several restarts & shutdowns.

TheBloke
Fusioneer
Answers: 1

Post by TheBloke »

I discovered Reactor yesterday and just wanted to say how amazing I think this is!

I'm very much a Fusion newbie, and still using it only in Resolve, but I've already downloaded a bunch of scripts and several of them are having immediate utility. Coincidentally it was just a couple of hours before I learnt about Reactor that I was getting annoyed that I could find no way to rename an Underlay without it affecting all the nodes in it, and then lo and behold I found the Rename Plus script that solves that plus much more.

Resolve Essentials is especially amazing, particularly its keyboard customisation window, which is something I couldn't believe didn't exist already in the Fusion page. I'm a keyboard shortcut junkie but I have been barely using any in Fusion thus far, because it's such a pain not to be able to look them up or change them within the app. But now I can, which is wonderful.

Thanks so much for putting together this amazing tool, and for everyone who has contributed scripts. BMD should really be promoting this, every Fusion user should know about it!

PS. No problems installing and running here on macOS Mojave 10.14.6 in Resolve 16.2.2 and 16.2.3. However I do have SIP disabled so that's no doubt why!

KSLAU8

Post by KSLAU8 »

Awesome, thanks!

User_4393496

Post by User_4393496 »

Hi, I too had problems installing Reactor (it crashed at Step 7/8) but thanks to this forum:
- https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/view ... 1&t=121798

I found the solution to my problem: the "Synology" service was the problem in my case, now I have disabled it and everything works!