Installing Reactor on network share [studio setup]

Moderator: SecondMan

BigRoyNL
Fusioneer

Installing Reactor on network share [studio setup]

Post by BigRoyNL » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:36 am

Hi everyone,

I'm working on getting reactor to work nicely from a network share so different machines use the same Reactor installations. However, it's giving me some issues.
My Reactor version is 3.0.3.

I've dropped Reactor onto the server and set up the following path mapping using Fusion's Master pref file.

Code: Select all

{
Locked = true,
Global = {
 Paths = {
  Map = {
   ["Scripts:"] = "Fusion:Scripts;Reactor:System/Scripts",
   ["Macros:"] = "AllDocs:Macros;Fusion:Macros",
   ["Fuses:"] = "AllDocs:Fuses;Fusion:Fuses",
   ["Plugins:"] = "AllDocs:Plugins;Fusion:Plugins",
   ["Config:"] = "AllDocs:Config;Fusion:Config;/path/to/folder/that/contains/reactor.fu",
   ["Reactor:"] = "P:/pipeline/dev/apps/fusion_shared/Reactor/",
   ["UserPaths:"] = "UserData:;AllData:;Fusion:;Reactor:Deploy"
  },
 },
},
}
Note that I've appended a "path/to/folder/that/contains/reactor.fu" to Config too to ensure the menu entry pops up, I believe that's the way the docs describe it.

Problem 1:

The Getting Started describes to put the Reactor.fu file somewhere in config to have it show up in the menu bar. However, somehow magically I don't have it on my config paths, and still the menu item shows. Is that maybe new to Version 3+?

Source: https://gitlab.com/WeSuckLess/Reactor/b ... n-manually

I seem to run into an issue where I get the Reactor menu twice, or even more times. And it's very hard to debug where it's finding somewhat magically these duplicated Reactor.fu files. Plus, how and when did they get there?

Is there a simple script that I can run in console to list all Reactor.lu files in my configs?

Because this seems to hint to me I must have a Reactor.fu on of the config paths that I seem to be unable to find.

EDIT: Found the issue for this one. Apparently I had a path on my UserPaths too that contained the Config folder and had "UserPaths:Config" in my path mapping too. Basically mapping the same folder twice.

Problem 2:

Whenever I seem to set the Reactor path it's as if Reactor itself "appends" another "Reactor" name to the path, meaning if my path ended without a slash I would suddenly have a ReactorReactor/ folder. Or if it ends in a slash, I end up with Reactor/Reactor/ that contains the Reactor/Reactor/System, etc.

I tried to follow this: https://gitlab.com/WeSuckLess/Reactor/b ... hmap-entry however I guess it should refer to the folder ABOVE the Reactor directory. Is that correct?

Problem 3:

With the above, somehow the macros/fuses don't show up - also not after restarting Fusion. (Could this be due to Fusion free version that I'm debugging on?)

BigRoyNL
Fusioneer

Re: Installing Reactor on network share [studio setup]

Post by BigRoyNL » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:19 am

About problem 2, it indeed seems to be the case that I need to set the parent folder.

Whenever I set REACTOR_INSTALL_PATHMAP to "P:/pipeline/dev/apps/fusion_shared/" then I'm seeing this in the Reactor logs:

[2019-08-29|04:14:12 PM] [Status] Reactor Window Opened
[2019-08-29|04:14:12 PM] [Status] Reactor Branch: master
[2019-08-29|04:14:12 PM] [Status] Reactor Location: P:\pipeline\dev\apps\fusion_shared\Reactor\
[2019-08-29|04:14:12 PM] [Status] Reactor Log File: C:\Users\Roy\AppData\Local\Temp\Reactor\ReactorLog.txt
Unfortunately the tools still don't show up.

Added in 5 minutes 41 seconds:
Ah, and problem 3 also resolved! The master prefs that I shared wasn't referring to the UserPaths for macros, fuses, plugins, etc. So the "Reactor:Deploy" on UserPaths: didn't do much.

Here's an example master prefs that does work however:

{
Locked = true,
Global = {
 Paths = {
  Map = {
   ["Scripts:"] = "UserPaths:Scripts;Reactor:System/Scripts",
   ["Macros:"] = "UserPaths:Macros",
   ["Fuses:"] = "UserPaths:Fuses",
   ["Plugins:"] = "UserPaths:Plugins",
   ["Config:"] = "UserPaths:Config;",