Reactor fails to start on W10/DR 16.1.2

Moderator: SecondMan

rudiklein

Re: Reactor fails to start on W10/DR 16.1.2

Post by rudiklein » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:37 am

OK, fund the fuscript, added it to Zonealarm. Same result.

So, now the gloves are off.

I will remove Zonealarm, HitmanPro.Alert and Malwarebytes completely from my system (I'll ask the Russian and Chinese hackers to stay low for a while).
I did run the test when these products were not started, but removing them might be the better option. Sometimes these products influence the system, without running. Zonealarm is known for that.

rudiklein

Post by rudiklein » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:56 am

Well,

It's not ZA, MB or Hitman. Deinstalled them, rebooted the system, did a Reactor install from the console. Same thing.
I don't have access to alternate Windows PC's to test it out.

I'll try to do some Wiresharking and detailed process monitoring to see what actually happens when I click "Open Reactor..."

In the meantime I've looked at some variables used in the installer script. I don't speak LUA, but I've managed to output some of the interesting variables during script execution to make sure that they are correct, like pointing at the right file. Looks ok to me.

sys=
C:\ProgramData\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve\Fusion\Reactor\System\

app=
FusionUI (0x000001E40B59D190) [App: 'Fusion' on 127.0.0.1, UUID: 42f816a6-73f0-42ad-9c1b-4d5ec75602ca]

fuDestFile=
C:\ProgramData\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve\Fusion\Reactor\System\Reactor.lua

PathMap=
nil

SecondMan
Site Admin
Answers: 13

Post by SecondMan » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:49 pm

Honestly I wouldn't bother diving any deeper into Reactor for this - you can't launch external scripts at all. The Reactor problem is a red herring. You have a system configuration issue.

Shame you don't have another system to test, but if you are concerned about security while testing, you could take your system offline, then turn off all your security measures, anything that can interfere like firewalls, antivirus, any kind of blockers at all, even the ones that come with Windows, and test with a script that doesn't rely on an internet connection, like Batch Change Parameters for example.

When that works, turn everything on one by one, and when it stops working, there is your issue.