Welcome to WSL!

New to the forum? Please read this and this.

Running Reactor on a Mac

Moderator: SecondMan

SecondMan
Site Admin
Answers: 31

Running Reactor on a Mac

Post by SecondMan »

I'm splitting this off from another topic, since there are so many inquiries about this.

These are your options for running Reactor on a Mac today:
  1. use Fusion Standalone (any macOS)
  2. revert to resolve 16.1.x (Mojave)
  3. upgrade to Catalina (with Resolve 16.2.1)
  4. disable SIP (Mojave)
  5. use windows or linux
  6. don't use 16.2.0 in any case
Good luck! :cheer:

Millolab
Fusionista
Answers: 6

Re: Running Reactor on a Mac

Post by Millolab »

I’m on Mojave. F16.2.1 and reactor is working fine...

SecondMan
Site Admin

Post by SecondMan »

Obviously if everything works for you out of the box, don't touch anything :)

tomwalter

Post by tomwalter »

Ok thanks !!!!

claude-gi

Post by claude-gi »

Hello, I'm novice. I am trying to insert the Reactor package in DaVinci Resolve 16 on Mac osx High Sierra 10.13.6, but it is not successful. Whether I place the Lua installer 3.1415 Dec 2019 on the Fusion node window or directly on the Workspace - Console. The procedure starts but does not enter the Reactor menu and is not seen even through Work Space - Script. The final installation lines are:
All Downloads Completed
[2020-05-05 | 04: 16: 51 PM] Installation Status Step 6 of 8
[2020-05-05 | 04: 16: 51 PM] [Showing Reactor Folder]
/ Library / Application Support / Blackmagic Design / DaVinci Resolve / Fusion / Reactor / System /
[2020-05-05 | 04: 16: 53 PM] Installation Complete Step 7 of 8
[2020-05-05 | 04: 16: 53 PM] Opening Reactor ...

But it doesn't open
I tried to disable SIP

I don't know anymore
The path is: ... Application Support / BlackmagicDesign / DaVinci Resolve / FusionReactor. In Reactor two folders Deploy / Brusches .... and System folder with Reactor.cfg and Scripts / Color ... Comp folder ... all empty

I do not know what to do
would you be so kind to help me? Thanks and best regards from a muddler

Best regards Claude

SecondMan
Site Admin

Post by SecondMan »

@claude-gi - see if there is anything in this topic that rings a bell: https://www.steakunderwater.com/wesuckl ... 121#p28121

VibesUnderground

Post by VibesUnderground »

Howdy y'all,

This may be the most noob issue yet... sorry, I'm from the audio world and just installed DaVinci recently and wanted to run Reactor to make some custom audio visualizers for my music.

I've dragged the Reactor Installer into Resolve in the Fusion Nodes area, it opens, I click Install and Launch, it gets to step 3 of 8 and I get an error as follows:

[Reactor Installer] Version 3.141 - October 31, 2019

[Created By] Andrew Hazelden <andrew@andrewhazelden.com>

[Reactor Installer] Detected Resolve 16.26 running on Mac.

[GitLab Branch] "master"

[Reactor.cfg] Does not exist yet

[Reactor] Installation Started

[Reactor: PathMap] "/Library/Application Support/Blackmagic Design/DaVinci Resolve/Fusion/Reactor/"

Installation Status Step 1 of 8

[Downloads Started]

Installation Status Step 2 of 8

[Download URL]
https://gitlab.com/api/v4/projects/5058 ... ate_token=

Installation Status Step 2 of 8

[Reactor.fu Saved] /Users/I removed my full name here for this post and changed nothing else in this script/Library/Containers/com.blackmagic-design.DaVinciResolveLite/Data/Library/Application Support/Fusion/Config/Reactor.fu

Installation Status Step 3 of 8

[Download URL]
https://gitlab.com/api/v4/projects/5058 ... ate_token=

Installation Error

[Reactor.luaWrite Error] /Library/Application Support/Blackmagic Design/DaVinci Resolve/Fusion/Reactor/System/Reactor.lua

I have tried manually pasting the script, turning off firewalls, giving permissions to different folders, etc. but nothing I am doing is getting past step 3.

Im running macOS Catalina 10.15.6 and DaVinci Resolve Version 16.2.6

Please help, I am forever grateful!!

AndrewHazelden
Fusionator
Answers: 11

Post by AndrewHazelden »

For users that have issues getting Reactor working on macOS, it's not the typical UNIX style chmod / chown file permissions that are at issue. It's macOS's Gatekeeper security layer that is blocking the install of Reactor by making the Lua script files on disk inaccessible for read/write access inside of Resolve/Fusion. The following steps might help to solve the issues you are experiencing:

Step 1. Open the macOS "System Preferences > Security & Privacy" window.

Step 2. Switch to the "Privacy > Full Disk Access" section in the window. Click on the orange padlock icon at the bottom left corner of the window that is labelled "Click the lock to make changes".

An authentication dialog will appear to confirm you want to make changes. You will need to enter the credentials for an administrator account on the system and press the "Unlock" button to continue.

Step 3. To add new programs to the list in this window, click the little "+" icon button to select and manually add each of the Blackmagic host applications you are running like: Resolve, Fusion Studio, and Fusion Render Node.

Note: You will need to browse manually in the dialog to the "/Applications/" folder each time to select the Blackmagic programs you want to add to the Full Disk Access list.

Next, you need to enable the checkbox to the left side of each program's entry in the list to allow them to have disk access.

Step 4. This same general process can also be repeated for the "Security & Privacy > Files and Folders" section too.

Step 5. Bonus: If these steps don't solve your issue, then the next step would be to look at disabling macOS's SIP (System Integrity Protection) mode but this process is not typically required.