Welcome to WSL!

New to the forum? Please read this and this.

"Rate limit exceed" message from gitlab when installing atoms through Reactor on Resolve/Mac

Moderator: SecondMan

mongrel

"Rate limit exceed" message from gitlab when installing atoms through Reactor on Resolve/Mac

Post by mongrel »

Davinci Resolve v. 16.8.2.005
Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6

Installed Reactor just fine but certain macros and other components installed through Reactor are downloading with their contents replaced with this message:

For example
---------------
File:
/Deploy/Fuses/Creator/hos_Tiler.fuse

Contents:
"Rate limit exceeded; see https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/gitlab_ ... ate-limits for more details"
---------------

I've tried reinstalling packages through Reactor and get different items each time with this issue. I can't seem to find anyone with this same issue here. I realize that this version of Resolve may not be fully supported--is this the reason? Seems like it might be avoidable. Anyone have any insight?

SecondMan
Site Admin
Answers: 31

Re: "Rate limit exceed" message from gitlab when installing atoms through Reactor on Resolve/Mac

Post by SecondMan »

Indeed, this sad state of affairs is due to GitLab lowering the service quality provided to all free users. If you look at the chart below the dates of these policy changes occurred on Jan 18th, and then again on Feb 12th:

Thanks also @AndrewHazelden for reporting this.

What happens when this free user rate limit is exceeded is that Reactor will download dud files to disk with the correct filename but the file contents is set to:

Code: Select all

Rate limit exceeded; see https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/gitlab_com/#gitlabcom-specific-rate-limits for more details

and then this happens when you start Fusion:

:pom:

There fortunately is a workaround, which is to disable the multi-stream syncing code in Reactor... which is accessible by changing the Reactor Preferences Window > "Concurrent cURL Transfers" setting to 1:

This allows Reactor to operate within the newly reduced rate-limits applied by GitLab. Downloads will be slower, but they'll work. Note that this is likely to be an issue only when downloading a lot of content at once, for example the complete package of KartaVR, or when using the Transfer Atom Settings script to migrate Reactor content from one workstation to another.

mongrel

Re: "Rate limit exceed" message from gitlab when installing atoms through Reactor on Resolve/Mac

Post by mongrel »

Super helpful information tho! Thanks!

RobertLe

Post by RobertLe »

Tried, did not work.
I reinstalled Reactor and now got it in Fusion 16 too (before it was only 17).
If I set the value to 1, Fusion 16 doesn't start anymore.