Welcome to WSL!

New to the forum? Please read this and this.

Impossible to install Reactor on Resolve 17.1 Build 24

Moderator: SecondMan

Arunotaku

Impossible to install Reactor on Resolve 17.1 Build 24

Post by Arunotaku »

Hello friends ! Hope I post this in the correct section and will be clear enough :)

I am on PC Windows 10 Resolve is not Studio, it is the free version.

I tried installing Reactor by dragging the lua into fusion but had no chances (droping brown rectangle is displayed but nothing occurs)
I tried to copy paste the lua inside of the console, it worked fine, the installer pop out :D
I installed Reactor, it displayed the folder but Reactor will not launch...

I have no Reactor menu anywhere in Resolve
The only thing I got from Reactor is in the Settings menu for Fusion in the path section...

I realy need Reactor and your help. Thanks a lot and again, Excuse me if this is incorrectly posted :D

Resolve_8CMETPmH4g.png
Resolve_80P6RALxz2.png

AndrewHazelden
Fusionator
Answers: 11

Re: Impossible to install Reactor on Resolve 17.1 Build 24

Post by AndrewHazelden »

To clarify, any reference in Reactor to a root level “Reactor” menu in Fusion Studio, is found in Resolve under the “Workspaces > Scripts > Comp > Reactor” menu section. Resolve doesn’t let the root level menu entry be added to the GUI at this time.

Can you download this file and run it in the Console window?

https://gitlab.com/WeSuckLess/Reactor/- ... eactor.lua

This is the Reactor package managers’ main lua script that initiates the sync action. If this script is run directly it should open up the package manager window for you. 🙂

Arunotaku

Post by Arunotaku »

System_Reactor.lua worked for me and added the entry in Workspaces > Scripts > Comp

Thanks a ton !

Having to do that is a normal behavior ? I mean, the drag and drop fail and the reactor panel that don't show up ? Can I do something to my setup to have a more "compatible" resolve ?

Kurbeko_MK

Post by Kurbeko_MK »

Hello, please help me give an error, how to solve the problem?

Installation Status Step 3 of 8
[Download URL]
https://gitlab.com/api/v4/projects/5058 ... ate_token=
Installation Error
[Reactor.luaWrite Error] C:\Program Files\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve\Reactor\System\Reactor.lua

Console:
[Disk Permissions Error] Could not open file for writing: C:\Program Files\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve\Reactor\System/Protocols/GitLab.lua
[Disk Permissions Error] Could not open file for writing: C:\Program Files\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve\Reactor\System/Protocols/FileSystem.lua
[string "???"]:1624: attempt to index a nil value

AndrewHazelden
Fusionator
Answers: 11

Post by AndrewHazelden »

Hi @Kurbeko_MK.

It looks like the Reactor installer is trying to download and save the files to a location inside the Resolve program files folder.

That’s a bit strange and sort of indicates there might be something a bit strange going on with the Fusion page PathMap values as Reactor’s default install location should be the AllData:/ folder which is inside the C:\ProgramData\ folder.

Try re-running the Reactor Installer script and this time select the “Custom Install Path” button. Then in the dialog that appears you can choose your home account folder (C:\Users\<Your User Account>\) as the place where Reactor content will be saved to. I think this will allow the Reactor install to succeed on your system. :)

Kurbeko_MK

Post by Kurbeko_MK »

Hi @AndrewHazelden.
Thank you very much, I did as you said and everything worked out!
You are my savior, thanks again!

juanra

Post by juanra »

AndrewHazelden wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:28 am To clarify, any reference in Reactor to a root level “Reactor” menu in Fusion Studio, is found in Resolve under the “Workspaces > Scripts > Comp > Reactor” menu section. Resolve doesn’t let the root level menu entry be added to the GUI at this time.

Can you download this file and run it in the Console window?

https://gitlab.com/WeSuckLess/Reactor/- ... eactor.lua

This is the Reactor package managers’ main lua script that initiates the sync action. If this script is run directly it should open up the package manager window for you. 🙂
In my case with windows 10 using Davinci Resolve. This code opens the Reactor interface and ads the menu entries on the workspace menu, but apparently we don't have tools installed.
When I restart Resolve, menu entries disappears and of course nothing about tools.

Any ideas?
Thanks a lot.

juanra

Post by juanra »

Here is how I success it:

viewtopic.php?p=37868#p37868

Thanks Andrew!!!!