Welcome to WSL!

Make yourself at home, but before posting, please may I ask you to read the following topics.

Posting 101
Server space, screenshots, and you

Thank you!

PS. please pretty please:

[Submission] AudioWaveform Fuse  [SUBMITTED]

Moderator: SecondMan

JiiPii

[Submission] AudioWaveform Fuse

Post by JiiPii » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:57 pm

Hi, I want to submit my AudioWaveform tool. ( post in Scripting, Fuses and Macros
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4191&p=32728#p32728 )

This tool visualizes a WAV file (16 bit PCM) in Fusion.

The play point is set in the middle of the picture.
There are three parameters for setting the waveform's timing: 1) Proxy 2) Zoom 3) Resolution

1) Proxy: This multiplies the sample pool without increasing the number of pixels shown
2) Zoom: This also multiplies the sample pool, but all values ​​are also displayed (as far as can be displayed)
3) Resolution: Acts as a divisor for the displayable pixels -> Resolution = 2 with HD -> 1920/2

The stereo signal (Both) is generated by maximum formation of the two channels.

After loading the data from file, arrays will be filled with nummerical data. The size of the audio file is limited to 10Mb in order not to make the arrays too large.
The audio data can be moved forward or backward by up to 50 frames.
A crosshair can be shown and two different envelopes can be selected.

I have made a Youtube Tutorial. Sorry for german, but is was to much new stuff for me ;-) but there are subtitles ( sometimes a little bit strange translation )

I hope I haven't made too many mistakes, but I can learn from them.
com.JiPi.AudioWaveform.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SecondMan
Site Admin
Answers: 28

Re: [Submission] AudioWaveform Fuse

Post by SecondMan » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:07 pm

Nice one, @JiiPii :)

At a quick glance - your Atom's deploy code isn't pointing to the Fuse. May I suggest using Atomizer for your Atom creation? Much more straightforward than editing the Atoms directly, and also a good QC tool for them.

Feel free to be a bit more wordy in your description. Adding a link to a WSL topic for the tool is very handy, too.

And another thing I recommend is matching your directory structure to your category in the Atom. So if you have a Fuse in the category Miscellaneous, put the Fuse itself also in Fuses/Miscellaneous. It's not mandatory, this, but it helps to keep things clean.

Good to see a new face in the Submissions forum! :cheer:

JiiPii

Re: [Submission] AudioWaveform Fuse  [SUBMITTED]

Post by JiiPii » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:43 am

Oh, really embarrassing. I worked through the very good documentation. I used the atomizer to create it and finally I attached the wrong (because first try) ZIP file to the submission and didn't check it again.

So here's the second try :lol:
com.JiPi.AudioWaveform.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SecondMan
Site Admin
Answers: 28

Post by SecondMan » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:04 pm

Let's give this a shot, then! Submitted! :cheer:

Please check if everything works as intended :)

And thank you!

JiiPii

Post by JiiPii » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:36 am

Thank you SecondMan
I checked the Tool over the Reactor in Davinci Resolve Studio 16.2.2.012. So far no bug has been found. Unfortunately I have no way to test it in Fusion 16 (I decided against the dongle at the time)