Welcome to WSL!

New to the forum? Please read this and this.

Attribute Spreadsheet  [SUBMITTED]

Moderator: SecondMan

Movalex
Sir Requestalot
Answers: 4

Re: Attribute Spreadsheet

Post by Movalex »

Wow, thanks, @Midgardsormr, I would not in a million years got why it is isn't working. Of course, I added this feature working with a standalone Studio version, and completely forgot there's still a free version of Resolve, which does not support external scripting. I'll make some changes for a workaround here. I added a host parameter just for fun, cause I thought it is sometimes nice to be able to batch changing remote fusion tools. But this is, of course, not essential at all.

Added in 7 minutes 54 seconds:
@JiiPii yes, setting Python3 as a default interpreter is an essential part of this script. If Python2 is not something crucial for your workflow, you can uninstall it, then download the 3.6.8 64bit installer from official download page, install it for a local user, then restart Fusion and try to set the interpreter again.
https://www.python.org/ftp/python/3.6.8 ... -amd64.exe
Last edited by Movalex on Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

JiiPii
Fusioneer
Answers: 1

Post by JiiPii »

@Movalex

Thank you for your reply. I tried to uninstall version 3.6 of Python. I didn't succeed despite three "uninstallers". After persistent attempts, Windows always reports Success, but neither the program nor the entry disappear. I can still call Python 3.6. The uninstallers all say there is no Python 3.6 on the system. Unfortunately, I did not find any understandable instructions for uninstalling either. I haven't installed any other version (2.7) either. Obviously my system is not suitable for Python.

Movalex
Sir Requestalot

Post by Movalex »

@JiiPii
I don't think this would be impossible to solve. If you're still committed to test the script, we could try this.
  • First please check if you have a %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36\ folder after the 64bit Python 3.6.8 installation.
    Make sure while you're installing the correct py installer (see the link above), the Add Python 3.6 to the PATH option has to be checked. Restart Fusion and check if the 3.6 option is not greyed out anymore.
  • If that didn't help, check where's your current interpreter is located. Probably it is a Windows Store version. Open Powershell and run Get-Command python | % { $_.Path }. Is there any output? It should be a python executable path. In my case it is C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36\python.exe. This is a standard path Fusion is looking for a python interpreter.

JiiPii
Fusioneer

Post by JiiPii »

Thank you for your support
I installed Python 3.6.8 (your link)) The installation is in the specified path and Powershell reports everything okay. The selection is still grayed out and cannot be changed

PS:
One thing I don't understand, why should the PYTHONPATH point to Fusion, I thought it should point more to the Python installation

Ah, I see now. It's the wrong Path to the executable. How can I change it ?

Movalex
Sir Requestalot

Post by Movalex »

@JiiPii Yep, that's windows store path. Did you check Add to PATH checkbox on 3.6.8 installation? Try reinstalling with this option checked or add these values to the PATH manually, then restart Fusion.
PYTHONPATH is for custom python modules (where the fusionscript.dll is located), it is not relevant here.

JiiPii
Fusioneer

Post by JiiPii »

Unfortunately, everything does not work. Path added and pushed all the way up - boot - no changes still Microsoft interpreter - Python 3.6.8 uninstalled - boot - reinstalled with path changes - boot - Powershell points to Python 3.6.8 - but unfortunately no success -> Fusion always recognizes it not yet

poppop

Post by poppop »

Download the latest 0.2.5 It's Work now!!
Thank you for your work

Movalex
Sir Requestalot

Post by Movalex »

@poppop Great!

@JiiPii Which fusion version do you have? Did you try to reinstall Fusion? Sometimes deleting Fusion preferences also helps:
Backup all the files in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Blackmagic Design\Fusion\Profiles\Default and then delete these files. Check the Fusion again.
Last edited by Movalex on Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

JiiPii
Fusioneer

Post by JiiPii »

@Movalex

Files deleted - no change
Installed version Fusion Studio 17.0b Build13
Update to new Beta Fusion Studio 17.0b Build 33
no change

change the python version manually in prefs to 3

Error message:

Unfortunately, I am not very helpful with troubleshooting. So far, I've always avoided python. If it doesn't work, then it just doesn't work, I don't want to occupy you unnecessarily. In any case, thank you very much for your effort.

poppop

Post by poppop »

@JiiPii
I'm use python 3.6.12 and use CommandPrompt to install pyside2 manaually with this command "pip install PySide2" and it's work

Movalex
Sir Requestalot

Post by Movalex »

Yeah, that's right. The problem was only the wrong Python interpreter in the settings. Now, when the interpreter is set correctly, the only thing left is to install the Pyside2. Try the latest 0.2.5 version from the first post. To install Pyside manually, open Command Prompt and run python -m pip install Pyside2. That's it.
Last edited by Movalex on Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

JiiPii
Fusioneer

Post by JiiPii »

I'm a little embarrassed, but unfortunately I have no idea

I couldn't find a version 0.25 of the Spreadsheats attribute. The reactor is still 0.24 and I don't know about gitlab

Manual installation in the console gives the following error:

Manual installation in the command prompt gives the following error:

Movalex
Sir Requestalot

Post by Movalex »

@JiiPii Sorry, my bad. Of course manual installation should be in command prompt and the correct command is python -m pip install Pyside2
I updated first post of this topic with the latest version.

JiiPii
Fusioneer

Post by JiiPii »

@Movalex

A happy ending
Thank you very much. Also for being patient with me.
Great script, I love it

Movalex
Sir Requestalot

Re: Attribute Spreadsheet  [SUBMITTED]

Post by Movalex »

@SecondMan Here's a new merge request: https://gitlab.com/WeSuckLess/Reactor/- ... quests/247
AttributeSpreadsheet v0.2.5:
  • add compatibility with non-Studio versions of Fusion and Resolve
  • disable refresh button while processing tools
  • catch the comp name on comp switch only (debug output)