load 3 video tracks from resolve into Fusion Tab

lenny87
Fusioneer

load 3 video tracks from resolve into Fusion Tab

Post by lenny87 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:41 am

Hi there,
I was wondering if it is possible to load 3 video tracks from the edit tab into the Fusion tab in Resolve 15?

If I go to the fusion tab now, then it only brings in the the top layer video. I would like to bring in all 3 video tracks --> so that in the Fusion tab I would get Video track 1 as Median1 and Video track 2 as Median2,...etc

Is this possible?

thanx in front
greetz Lenny

Added in 47 minutes 8 seconds:
Solved it :-)

So if there is anybody that needs it in further future:

-in the Resolve Edit tab --> select the 3 video tracks (hold the left button of the mouse and in the timeline drag over the 3 clips)
-put the mouse over the 3 selected clips --> and press the right mouse button --> now choose: new fusion clip
-the file gets merged and if you go to the Fusion tab now, you have all video tracks in there.

I haven't figured out a way to reopen this merged fusion clip in the Resolve edit tab I guess this isn't possible??

lenny87
Fusioneer

Re: load 3 video tracks from resolve into Fusion Tab

Post by lenny87 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:25 am

I was wrong :-) It is possible!!

I have been chatting with some great guys in the discorddapp from Vito from Confusion and they explained how to go about with it. Here it is:

-You can open up the merged fusion clip in the Resolve edit tab (by selecting it, right click on it and select: open in timeline) At first it looks like the changes you
made in the fusion tab are gone, but that isn't the case. Cause A Fusion clip is like a nested sequence ''timeline'' where you can slip, edit, or even drop in other shots.
If you open the Fusion clip then you see your media Loaders (without the effects added in the fusion tab)

-To see the effects that you created in the fusion tab, you have to do the following:
In the edit tab from resolve, you have to step out of the ''nested'' Fusion clip timeline and go to your main timeline.

Double click where it says Final to jump back up a level out of your nested timeline --> into the Main/final timeline. (if you have changed the name of the main Timeline, then that name will stand there in the left corner instead of final.)

So you can make editing adjustments in the edit tab of Resolve and go back to the Fusion tab to change effects or vfx. I think that is awesome, cause working with
loaders in standalone fusion can be very time consuming and a pain in the ass,...if you have multiple loaders.