Resolve transitions for all frame rates

Pekkaman

Resolve transitions for all frame rates

Post by Pekkaman » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:20 am

Hi everyone, new Fusion user here. I have built transitions for resolve in fusion that works using the adjustment layer, the problem is i don't want to repeat the transitions for all different frame rates. For example a transition built in a 24fps project will not work in a 25fps project.

Is there way to may be create a node/script that allows the transitions to adjust to whatever the project frame rate is?

Any help /ideas would be appreciated .

Thanks

ShadowMaker SdR
Fusionista
Answers: 4

Re: Resolve transitions for all frame rates

Post by ShadowMaker SdR » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:29 am

Can you tell us a little bit about what an adjustment layer does in Resolve? Is it related to Fusion in any way? I'm not familiar with it.

Pekkaman

Post by Pekkaman » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:25 am

The adjustment layer in resolve is similar to the one in premiere pro. Its a clip or layer whose quality affects the layer or clip beneath it , for example if you add an effect to it it affects any clip directly below it on the timeline. You can use for example to add a specific look to the whole timeline without adding it directly to individual clips. Transforms are also affected if applied. Hope this is clearer now

Added in 4 minutes 8 seconds:
Explained with visuals here

By the way making the transitions with the adjustment was a way to be able to have them in the edit tab rather than going back and forth between resolve and fusion .

brysend

Post by brysend » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:47 pm

Pekkaman wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:20 am
Hi everyone, new Fusion user here. I have built transitions for resolve in fusion that works using the adjustment layer, the problem is i don't want to repeat the transitions for all different frame rates. For example a transition built in a 24fps project will not work in a 25fps project.

Is there way to may be create a node/script that allows the transitions to adjust to whatever the project frame rate is?

Any help /ideas would be appreciated .

Thanks
were you able to figure this out ?

Pekkaman

Post by Pekkaman » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:52 pm

Unfortunately i still haven't reenable to figure it out. Any ideas ??