Resolve Scripting Essentials

AndrewHazelden
Fusionator
Answers: 1

Re: Resolve Scripting Essentials

Post by AndrewHazelden » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:45 pm

pixelstuff wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:31 pm
Really useful, I will play with some of those color options, I didn't think about html.
@pixelstuff I just uploaded an HTML based rendering tech demo called the PipePixelFont to the WSL UI manager thread. I posted this example so you can see how the CSS background-image tag can be used to add style tags in real-time to your ui:TextEdit UI elements.

If you look at the code in the "UI-Manager-PipePixelFont-GUI-Demo.zip" demo you might notice that the resizable background "node view" like grid texture was done using old-school HTML + CSS with a "background-image" tag:

Code: Select all

<style>
		body { background-image: url('grid.png') }
	</style>

This approach unlocks some really cool things like multi-layered graphics in a GUI that a lot of people might never have expected to be possible inside of UI Manager. It also shows how UI Manager is a big step up from the previous IUP GUI building system in Fusion 7. :)

pixelstuff

Post by pixelstuff » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:14 pm

fu:ToggleUtility('SVGImport')

Thanks for providing these examples really helped. Is there a way to prevent the file open browser and directly reference a file or does this command link to a separate script? and would that script be available to see the lua code? to be able to update it in this way?

ConorBowes

Post by ConorBowes » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:26 pm

Does anyone know of a way to add a job to the render queue for Deliver tab for remote rendering? I have been able to get the job added quite easily, but I cannot find a way to make it added with the remote renderer.

MrPingouin

Post by MrPingouin » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:05 am

Hello World !

I'm new to DaVinci Resolve (since yesterday actually).

The Help browser helped me A LOT (I'm quite used to finding informations this way, I wrote a lot of scripts for After FX using ExtendScript toolkit object browser).

However, there's a Track information that would help me a lot in my tools, but I can't manage to reach it by script : a track's name.
  1. local timeline = p:GetCurrentTimeline() -- this is ok
  2. local trackCount = timeline:GetTrackCount("video") -- this is ok
  3. local trackItems = timeline:GetItemsInTrack("video",5)) -- let's say we take the items in video track 5, this is ok
Does someone know a way to access track names ?

Best regards, and thanks for again for this helpful thread.

SirEdric
Fusionator
Answers: 1

Post by SirEdric » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:13 am

SirEdric wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:58 pm
Now if one only could do something like fu:ToggleUtility('FBXImport', 'p:\ath\to\file.obj', autoImport = true)
Quoting myself here....:-)
Does anybody have new information on this topic for F16?
Is there a way now to import fbx via script?

llamafilm

Grading nodes

Post by llamafilm » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:13 pm

Is there any way to read/write data from grading nodes in Resolve's color page with a script? I haven't found anything in the documentation. Why should Fusion users get to have all the fun?

AskoK

Post by AskoK » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:04 am

Hey,

Does anyone know if altering timeline is possible via python script? Like cutting 5 seconds from beginning and ending?