Bringing .png with transparency into Fusion page

jctarvin

Bringing .png with transparency into Fusion page

Post by jctarvin » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:13 am

I have successfully created a nice lower third title bar slide in/slide out for use on our road trip videos. However, since we travel as the TWO OLD BUZZARDS, I would like to incorporate two images of buzzards (.pngs) onto one of the slide in/out rectangle bars. We no longer have a loader tool and I can't figure out how to get those two .png images into Fusion with their transparency. Once I get them there and transparent, I can transform them for size and get them onto the sliding rectangle.

Many thanks for any suggestions.

SirEdric
Fusionator
Answers: 2

Re: Bringing .png with transparency into Fusion page

Post by SirEdric » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:47 am

I guess you have to actually put them into Resolve's Media Bins to access them.
(Or maybe even put them onto the actual timeline on top of your footage?)

Cheers.

Eric.

Midgardsormr
Fusionator
Answers: 1

Post by Midgardsormr » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:14 pm

You can simply drag an image from your OS file explorer into the Fusion Flow view. It will automatically be added to the Media Pool and a MediaIn node will be created. But since there's no Loop control on MediaIn, you'll need to use a TimeStretcher to make the image persist for all frames.

Also remember that png is usually unpremultiplied, so you may need to use an AlphaMultiply right after the MediaIn node.

jctarvin

Post by jctarvin » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:54 pm

Thanks Brian and Sir Edric....I have found the solution to bringing them into the fusion page. I just stacked the two transparent TIFF files on top of one another in separate video tracks in the edit page. Select both images, right click and create a Fusion Clip. When you go to the fusion page you get TWO media in nodes merged. The images remain transparent. But, now I have different issue.

I modified my title macro to include the two images. Works and looks great looking at the output clip back on the edit page. HOWEVER, I want to create a macro that I can drop onto any video clip as a title sequence. I created the macro. But, when I bring that title macro into another project and put it above a video clip, I get everything in macro as it play, EXCEPT the two buzzard tiff images. Must be that they are not embedded in the macro as it is simply text.

Might require a workaround where my title sequence travels WITH the to tiff images. Any ideas.....and THANKS!!

John

pingking
Fusionista

Post by pingking » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:03 pm

you could prerender your title in a seperate timeline and put the result over your videotrack