Fusion Comp Link Atom

AndrewHazelden
Fusionator

Fusion Comp Link Atom

Post by AndrewHazelden » Sun May 27, 2018 6:01 am

Hi. There is a new Fusion Comp Link atom package in Reactor. It is accessible in the Scripts/Comp category.

Fusion Comp Link Atom.png

About the Script

The Fusion Comp Link script can be run from inside of Fusion Studio or Resolve Studio. The script reads the counterpart program's active composite data and imports it into the foreground Fusion session via a copy/paste clipboard transfer approach. This lets you quickly migrate a composite between the two programs.

Running the Script

Once the Fusion Comp Link atom is installed the script can be run from the Fusion > Script > Andrew Hazelden > Fusion Comp Link menu.

The active Flow/Nodes view content will automatically be grabbed from the "other" Fusion session that is running on your system and that data is pulled into your foreground comp. This means if you run the script in Resolve Studo it will transfer over the composite data from Fusion Studio. If the script was run in Fusion Studio, then the composite data from the Resolve Studio Fusion page would be transferred.

At this point in time no automatic translation is done between MediaIn/Loader nodes.

Transfer All Nodes vs Selected Nodes

By default all of the nodes in a composite are transferred when the script is run. If you want to transfer only the selected nodes, you can edit the Reactor:/Deploy/Scripts/Comp/Andrew Hazelden/Fusion Comp Link.lua file and toggle the comments so the following line is active:

Code: Select all

-- Get all of the nodes in the comp
-- tools = remoteComp:GetToolList(false)
-- Get the selected nodes in the comp
tools = remoteComp:GetToolList(true)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SecondMan
Site Admin

Re: Fusion Comp Link Atom

Post by SecondMan » Mon May 28, 2018 3:28 pm

Now this is really sweet!

From Resolve it even knows what comp you have in the foreground in Fusion so you can have lots of them opened and it will pull from the active one.

Wonderful tool for testing across applications, too! Really nice!

:cheer: Andrew :cheer:

edenexposito

Post by edenexposito » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:43 pm

Hello!
With Da Vinci 15 beta 6 and Fusion 9 (both in OSX)

When I use the script from DV15 I get all nodes from Fusion 9 (Perfect!)
But When I use the script from Fusion 9 I get nothing with this error in console:

[Active Host] Fusion [Remote Host] Resolve

[Error] Failed to connect to Resolve.

Some idea?

Thanks

AndrewHazelden
Fusionator

Post by AndrewHazelden » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:02 am

edenexposito wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:43 pm
When I use the script from DV15 I get all nodes from Fusion 9 (Perfect!)
But When I use the script from Fusion 9 I get nothing with this error in console:

[Active Host] Fusion [Remote Host] Resolve

[Error] Failed to connect to Resolve.
Hi @edenexposito.

The Resolve Studio 15 Preferences need to be adjusted to allow "Network" script access. Also, Fusion Studio and Resolve Studio are both required to use FuScript for remote socket connections.

Note: The Free version of Fusion Standalone and Resolve do not support the FuScript based network inter-app communication functions. This limitation is caused since the freeware versions of BMD's software block out the FuScript bmd.scriptapp() API functions to provide a little bit of extra encouragement to upgrade from free to a paid Studio license of Resolve Studio or Fusion Standalone Studio.

BTW there is a new post in the UI Manager thread that explains the topic of "FuScript Subtype Essentials" which is the underlying system that the Fusion Comp Link Atom uses.