Add Tool Keyboard shortcut in Resolve 15 Fusion on macOS

dhl

Add Tool Keyboard shortcut in Resolve 15 Fusion on macOS

Post by dhl » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:27 pm

Hi All,

I'm a macOS Resolve 15.3 user learning to work with the Fusion page. I've been going nuts trying to get a very basic keyboard shortcut to work:

CTRL+SPACE should bring up a popup list allowing tools to be selected from the keyboard.

I can't get this to work at all and the scripts menu item says "no scripts".

There are several YouTube videos like this one that imply that there are default scripts for Fusion that provide these hotkeys:

Can anyone point me to a script library or way to add this basic keyboard shortcut? I'd really like to be able to use the keyboard to add tools quickly.

Thanks for your help!
--David

AndrewHazelden
Fusionator
Answers: 2

Re: Add Tool Keyboard shortcut in Resolve 15 Fusion on macOS

Post by AndrewHazelden » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:32 pm

dhl wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:27 pm
CTRL+SPACE should bring up a popup list allowing tools to be selected from the keyboard.
Hi David.

Try using "Shift+Space" as the hotkey to display the "Select Tool" window in Fusion on macOS. The "Select Tool" window is implemented as a native element in Fusion 9 and Resolve 15's Fusion page using compiled C++ code so there is no Lua script to be found on disk for this feature.

Select-Tool-Window.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dhl

Re: Add Tool Keyboard shortcut in Resolve 15 Fusion on macOS

Post by dhl » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:38 pm

Hi Andrew,

Perfect, it worked!

I have no idea what that was so hard to find. Even Blackmagic support was useless, lol. Thank you so much for the fast reply and solution! :)