how to get "Render Start Time" in expression? (for We Suck Less audio plugin)

duofuan

how to get "Render Start Time" in expression? (for We Suck Less audio plugin)

Post by duofuan » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:15 pm

Hi, I'm creating a camera shake effect that shakes camera in sync with a soundtrack.
I'm using "We Suck Less Audio" plugin - thanks for this one!!! :)

A difficulty I've gotten into is - that there is only one long audio track and many video clips on a video track.
So normally I should set "sample start frame" from "render start time" in fusion as I figure but I would like to set it in expression to apply this comp to all clips in timeline. But how to call "render start time" in expression?? I've tried "renderstarttime" but it doesn't seem to work correctly.

fusion.jpg

Added in 27 minutes 47 seconds:
I've found that "render start time" refers to start frame of a video clip not a time on a timeline where the clip lies.
Is there a way go get the one that says on witch frame on timeline the mediaIn1 starts??

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SecondMan
Site Admin
Answers: 6

Re: how to get "Render Start Time" in expression? (for We Suck Less audio plugin)

Post by SecondMan » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:01 pm

duofuan wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:43 pm

I'm using "We Suck Less Audio" plugin - thanks for this one!!! :)

You're welcome :)

duofuan wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:43 pm

But how to call "render start time" in expression?? I've tried "renderstarttime" but it doesn't seem to work correctly.

To call the Render Start Time in an expression field use comp.RenderStart.

I'm not sure Fusion in Resolve has access to the Edit timeline in the way that you are looking for. It might, but I admit I don't know, and at first glance I can't see it either...

duofuan

Re: how to get "Render Start Time" in expression? (for We Suck Less audio plugin)

Post by duofuan » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:57 am

Thanks, this already forwards my research