Welcome to WSL!

New to the forum? Please read this and this.

Can not open reactor sometime

michael_lee

Can not open reactor sometime

Post by michael_lee »

Hi everybody,
Sometime i can not open reactor from Workspace -> Reactor, but i can still open it by copy .lua file to console.
Also drag .lua file to fusion node not worked,run fuscript.exe can not open the session, run python external dvr_script.scriptapp("Resolve") get none.
I don't know why they didn't work at same time, when i restart my computer, it works again. It confuses me a lot :(

win10 20H2 19042.928
DR 17.1.1
by AndrewHazelden » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:26 am
Hi @michael_lee.
michael_lee wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:39 amIs there any way to find out what block that communication port?
You could check out the "Fusion Studio Network Licensing" section starting on page 296 of the "Fusion 16 Manual.pdf" that comes with a Fusion Studio v17 installation if you want to see BMD's own notes on ports.

Realistically, getting things sorted out is more of a semi-random process of elimination in scenarios like this when things don't magically work out of the box. :mrgreen:

So... the top questions to start this troubleshooting effort out are:

What is the exact version number of Resolve (free) or Resolve Studio you are running? This can be found in the "DaVinci Resolve > About DaVinci Resolve" menu.

A. Does your user account name have any extended accented characters, or multi-byte UNICODE characters in it as you would see it listed here:
C:\Users\<Your User Name Here>\

B. Are you running Resolve (free) or Resolve Studio? The reason I ask this is that only Resolve Studio provides external Python scripting access as far as using this type of code from a command-prompt/shell session:
run python external dvr_script.scriptapp("Resolve") get none.

C. Do you have Resolve's external scripting system active? This is found in the Resolve Studio preferences under:

System > General > General Preferences > External scripting using: "Network" or "Local"

D. Do you have any outgoing firewall software active, like "TinyWall", that would block communication locally between apps running on your workstation?

E. Could you post a copy of the error message as written in the Resolve Console window in a new post below. To keep the console output correctly formatted, please paste the output between a pair of phpBB forum code tags like this:

[code]
-- Your pasted Console output here
[/code]

F. What options are listed in the Resolve "Workspace > Scripts > " menu entry? Is there a full set of Reactor menu items present in that menu section?

G. Are you launching Resolve as with a regular user account level of permissions, or are you using "Run as Administrator" with elevated permissions when you start the program?
Go to full post

AndrewHazelden
Fusionator
Answers: 11

Re: Can not open reactor sometime

Post by AndrewHazelden »

Hi @michael_lee.

Do you by chance have a Synology NAS connected to your Fusion/Resolve system? That is one source of headaches as it can block the inter-application communication port used for Fusion script to talk to Resolve.

michael_lee

Post by michael_lee »

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for your reply, i don't use Synology NAS. Is there any way to find out what block that communication port?

AndrewHazelden
Fusionator

Post by AndrewHazelden »

Hi @michael_lee.
michael_lee wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:39 amIs there any way to find out what block that communication port?
You could check out the "Fusion Studio Network Licensing" section starting on page 296 of the "Fusion 16 Manual.pdf" that comes with a Fusion Studio v17 installation if you want to see BMD's own notes on ports.

Realistically, getting things sorted out is more of a semi-random process of elimination in scenarios like this when things don't magically work out of the box. :mrgreen:

So... the top questions to start this troubleshooting effort out are:

What is the exact version number of Resolve (free) or Resolve Studio you are running? This can be found in the "DaVinci Resolve > About DaVinci Resolve" menu.

A. Does your user account name have any extended accented characters, or multi-byte UNICODE characters in it as you would see it listed here:
C:\Users\<Your User Name Here>\

B. Are you running Resolve (free) or Resolve Studio? The reason I ask this is that only Resolve Studio provides external Python scripting access as far as using this type of code from a command-prompt/shell session:
run python external dvr_script.scriptapp("Resolve") get none.

C. Do you have Resolve's external scripting system active? This is found in the Resolve Studio preferences under:

System > General > General Preferences > External scripting using: "Network" or "Local"

D. Do you have any outgoing firewall software active, like "TinyWall", that would block communication locally between apps running on your workstation?

E. Could you post a copy of the error message as written in the Resolve Console window in a new post below. To keep the console output correctly formatted, please paste the output between a pair of phpBB forum code tags like this:

[code]
-- Your pasted Console output here
[/code]

F. What options are listed in the Resolve "Workspace > Scripts > " menu entry? Is there a full set of Reactor menu items present in that menu section?

G. Are you launching Resolve as with a regular user account level of permissions, or are you using "Run as Administrator" with elevated permissions when you start the program?
Last edited by AndrewHazelden on Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

michael_lee

Post by michael_lee »

Hi Andrew,

Thanks a lot, i find the reason why i can not use by your tips.

By checked port used from Windows Resouce Monitor i found that Tabnine plugin from vs code will use tcp port 49152 which is conflict with fusion.

Sorry about that i can not post screenshots because when i register imgur it returns error from china.

BTW. there is no output in console when i click menu entry "Workspace > Scripts > Reactor > Open Reactor..."(Show Error/Log/Scripts/Input Messages are all enabled)

AndrewHazelden
Fusionator

Post by AndrewHazelden »

Hi @michael_lee.
michael_lee wrote:BTW. there is no output in console when i click menu entry "Workspace > Scripts > Reactor > Open Reactor..."(Show Error/Log/Scripts/Input Messages are all enabled)
A debugging environment variable of REACTOR_DEBUG=true can be enabled in the windows "System" control panel. This will enable detailed logging information to be written to disk when the Reactor package manager is opened and used.

Check out the content linked below to read more information about the Reactor environment variables topic:
Once the REACTOR_DEBUG=true environment variable is active, and you have re-launched Resolve/Fusion once, and re-opened the Reactor package manager, you can then try out the "Workspace > Scripts > Reactor > Tools > Open Reactor Log" menu item.

This menu item will attempt to open the log file that is stored on disk at the PathMap location of Temp:/Reactor/ReactorLog.txt in the text editor that is defined in the Fusion preferences.

If you've not set up your default programmer's text editor in Resolve yet, this preference can be accessed by selecting the "Fusion > Fusion Settings..." menu item.

In the Fusion Settings window, you would then click on the section labelled "Script" on the left side of the window. Then you'd link in your external programmer's text editor into the "Script Editor:" text field. In your case, you'd select the "VS Code" executable on disk. Since I'm on macOS, I typically use "BBEdit". :)

michael_lee wrote:Sorry about that i can not post screenshots because when i register imgur it returns error from china.
IMGUR was just a convenience option added as a 1-click button to the post composing toolbar on WSL. If there are any other websites that you can access from your location, that offer an easy way to upload an image and then link to that page's URL in forum posts, you could use that alternative service, too. :)