Welcome to WSL!

New to the forum? Please read this and this.

[DEV] CenterCrop

Where the future is being made, today.

Welcome to the WSL development corner!

In this forum, please post your development projects. You get kudos and feedback here.
Topics ideally have preset prefixes, and this is what they (might) mean:

• [DEV] - very much work in progress, don't build a business on this, could go anywhere
  • [BETA] - should kinda do what it's supposed to do, please test, give feedback
  • [RC] - this may end up in Reactor soon, polishing up, now's the time for last minute thoughts
  • [ABD] - died a premature death, sadness, will not see the light of day ever (unless someone picks up the scraps)

Once a development project has been released (hurray), topics can be marked as - you guessed it - [RELEASED] :cheer:

Development topics only, please. For generic questions, how-to's, questions and inquiries about existing tools etc, please go to the appropriate other forums.
intelligent machine
Fusionista
Answers: 7

[DEV] CenterCrop

Post by intelligent machine »

A simple macro that will AutoCrop the input to the DoD and then transform to the original position.
Inside the macro is a crop tool that is merged over a transparent background. The background gets its width and height from the macro's main input.
The button script simply invokes the auto crop function first and then uses the resulting offset and size data to reposition the input.

The end result should look identical to the input, however, when the macro is selected, the transform will be centered on the DoD and the sizing box will also be cropped.

There are print lines for every variable for debugging that will be stripped before submitting to Reactor.

This macro is based on the following discussion:
https://www.steakunderwater.com/wesuckl ... 976#p35976

CenterCrop.setting
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Millolab
Fusionista
Answers: 4

Re: [DEV] CenterCrop

Post by Millolab »

Lovely! :)

Hiski

Post by Hiski »

This is great! Can't wait for the final version!

poppop

Post by poppop »

If I add tranforms node after cc_crop in the group, I can move the pivot to the bottom and can animate scale and rotate in transforms node

But I don't know how to modified your macro to have transforms operator in macro

Can you help me Thank you

Sorry my English not well
Centercrop_Test.setting
Test01.psd
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

intelligent machine
Fusionista
Answers: 7

Post by intelligent machine »

Hey!

Try this version and let me know how this works for you.
CenterCrop.setting

* I'm working on an update to the "Center Crop" button script that will invoke the action on all CenterCrop nodes in the comp and then a separate script to add and automatically run this tool on any and all selections in the comp. No timeline on this as I'm busy with other gigs at the moment.

poppop

Post by poppop »

thank you very much
Not work but I wiil try by myself

Hiski

Post by Hiski »

Any updates on this one? :)