Welcome to WSL!

Make yourself at home, but before posting, please may I ask you to read the following topics.

Posting 101
Server space, screenshots, and you

Thank you!

PS. please pretty please:

[DEV] Analyzer.

Where the future is being made, today.

Welcome to the WSL development corner!

In this forum, please post your development projects. You get kudos and feedback here.
Topics ideally have preset prefixes, and this is what they (might) mean:

• [DEV] - very much work in progress, don't build a business on this, could go anywhere
  • [BETA] - should kinda do what it's supposed to do, please test, give feedback
  • [RC] - this may end up in Reactor soon, polishing up, now's the time for last minute thoughts
  • [ABD] - died a premature death, sadness, will not see the light of day ever (unless someone picks up the scraps)

Once a development project has been released (hurray), topics can be marked as - you guessed it - [RELEASED] :cheer:

Development topics only, please. For generic questions, how-to's, questions and inquiries about existing tools etc, please go to the appropriate other forums.
Millolab
Fusionista

[DEV] Analyzer.

Post by Millolab » Sun May 31, 2020 9:39 am

Myself and @Movalex, (with some good suggestion from @danell) we tried to create a tool that resemble the Curve Tool in Nuke. The way we're doing it is very simple. We are just using a Probe modifier and a script to bake the RGB values. I thought about a tool like this because I needed to know the absolute minimum pixel value of a 450 frames long clip and couldn't find any other solution.
So here a snapshot of what it looks like

The tool

and here the macro and the script that goes along with that.
ml_Analyzer.setting
BakeColors.lua
Remember to place the script inside Script/Tool

It's a first attempt, and it works, but since the baking happens after caching, with 4K exr/dpx can take a while.
If you have any suggestion on how we could make this faster it's more than welcome!

Cheers!

Added in 30 minutes 30 seconds:
Here a new version by @Movalex with the script embedded in the macro.
Analyzer.setting
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Millolab
Fusionista

Re: [DEV] Analyzer.

Post by Millolab » Sun May 31, 2020 11:43 am

An updated version of the Macro.
this one will need the script.
ml_Analyzer.setting
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Movalex
Sir Requestalot
Answers: 3

Post by Movalex » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:35 am

FYI That's how Nuke's Curve Tool looks like.

ShadowMaker SdR
Fusionista
Answers: 7

Post by ShadowMaker SdR » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:06 am

This looks really cool. There's one thing I don't understand though: what is the benefit of doing this through baking a curve instead of just using the Probe output?
What am I overlooking here?

Millolab
Fusionista

Post by Millolab » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:42 am

ShadowMaker SdR wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:06 am
This looks really cool. There's one thing I don't understand though: what is the benefit of doing this through baking a curve instead of just using the Probe output?
What am I overlooking here?
@ShadowMaker SdR The first thing that comes to mind: If for example you need to find the absolute minimum, or the absolute maximum of a clip.