Psyop's Cryptomatte In Fusion

SecondMan
Site Admin
Answers: 13

Re: Psyop's Cryptomatte In Fusion

Post by SecondMan » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:29 am

bowserlm wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:02 am
Why don't we just have the latest one on there?
Obviously because no one submitted it.

Tags:

bowserlm
Fusionista

Post by bowserlm » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:49 am

Consider it submitted! How does one do that?

SecondMan
Site Admin
Answers: 13

Post by SecondMan » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:59 am

Read the docs, look at the examples in the Submissions forum - there's an example submission as well. Finally, use Atomizer to at the very least check your Atom, if not build it.

As you pointed out, there's a version of Cryptomatte in Reactor already so you can use it as a template and adjust it where necessary.

Kristof
Fusionista
Answers: 1

Post by Kristof » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:31 pm

It is known that Crypto glitches in Fu9 and we're still trying to get to the bottom of this problem. I may have something concrete (it is a simple fuse suffering from similar behavior) but this setup works fine in Fu16 (same fuse, same node graph, different host). As I don't use Fu16 in production myself, I can't really replicate the crypto glitches. So I would like to ask other users if they experience glitching when using several cryptomattes in Fu16 standalone. Could somebody please verify this? Thanks in advance!

Cedric
Fusioneer

Post by Cedric » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:07 am

Hi @bowserlm
bowserlm wrote:
Perhaps I don't know how to correctly do the Path Map stuff...

The UserData one doesn't seem to be editable, and if I create my own and call it UserData as soon as I close the pref pane and open it again it's gone.

https://share.getcloudapp.com/RBud5l0b
The UserData: you select is the System one. As you see there are three groups of path maps.
System, Defaults and User. I recommend you, for the ease of use, to edit the Defaults UserData path map.
So from the screenshot you sent, this is what it should look like.
  1. UserData:;AllData:;Fusion:;Reactor:Delploy;/SOMEDIRECTORY/Cryptomatte/fusion
Also another way, imho a cleaner way, to set up these path maps is by creating User path maps and mentioning them inside the Defaults.
This is what my personal setup looks like at the moment.

bowserlm wrote:
Added in 14 minutes 31 seconds:
Also, is there a reason we're several versions behind on the Cryptomatte version on Reactor? Why don't we just have the latest one on there?
As @SecondMan mentioned, these things live separately from one another, so as long as no one reports it, as stated, nothing will happen.
Considering I do not personally use Reactor either, I am not really aware of the versions on there.

Cheers
Cedric

Kristof
Fusionista

Post by Kristof » Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:15 am

Kristof wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:31 pm
It is known that Crypto glitches in Fu9 and we're still trying to get to the bottom of this problem. I may have something concrete (it is a simple fuse suffering from similar behavior) but this setup works fine in Fu16 (same fuse, same node graph, different host). As I don't use Fu16 in production myself, I can't really replicate the crypto glitches. So I would like to ask other users if they experience glitching when using several cryptomattes in Fu16 standalone. Could somebody please verify this? Thanks in advance!
A big, big thanks to @Droedel for testing this for me. Tests so far do indicate that Crypto in Fu16 is glitch free and that the bug was squashed (a bug in Fusion and not in the Crypto code). I am pretty confident my assumptions are correct but if @Droedel has new info to share that contradicts this, I'll share it in here. Fingers crossed!