Psyop's Cryptomatte In Fusion

Cedric

Re: Psyop's Cryptomatte In Fusion

Post by Cedric » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:34 pm

lilianjoly wrote:
Hamp wrote:I installed this on Fusion 9 on Linux and it works kind of.
The problem is that I only get one input on the cryptomatte node - is there something I need to enable, or something else I have missed?

Thanks in advance,
Hampus

Hello I'm new in fusion, i work on cgi images from maya/vray 3.6 and i just have discover cryptomattes with vray last version. I have the same problem: only one input on the cryptomatte node. everything else seems to work fine but i can't combine the 4 cryptomattes passes of vray render.
thanks for your kind help !

Lilian
Hi Lilian

There is only one input to the Fuse. If you have seperate cryptomatte passes, that means you will have to use one fuse by render pass.
If you want to have all the passes under control of one fuse, you can render an image sequence out from VRay with all crypto passes as layers.
Meaning you will have one stream rendered that you will connect to the Fuse, and control which layer to select in the fuse itself.

Cheers
Cedric

Tags:

Ihno Oetjen

Post by Ihno Oetjen » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:36 pm

Code: Select all

Today, Kristof and I proudly present to you, version 1.2.0.b6, bringing all these latest features, bug fixes and improvements to the Fusion Cryptomatte!
Thank's a million for your hard work! :)

AndrewHazelden
Fusionator

Post by AndrewHazelden » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:41 pm

Awesome work Cedric and Kristof!

As a tip for artists that are using Cryptomatte Version 1.2.0.B6, it is a good idea to elevate your Loader nodes to use the full Float 32 bits per channel option in the Loader node's Import tab. This can avoid some bit depth related precision issues when processing footage sourced from Float 16 "Half" imagery.

AndrewHazelden
Fusionator

Using Cryptomatte With V-Ray 3.6 Rendered EXR Multi-Channel Imagery

Post by AndrewHazelden » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:23 pm

This image is an EXR rendering created by V-Ray:
before-color-correction-image.png
This is a very simple demo that shows how Fusion and the Cryptomatte Fuse can be used to apply a selective color correction to a V-Ray 3.6 for Maya rendered multi-channel EXR image.

The Cryptomatte "Matte Locator" control and the Add/Remove buttons can be used to pick either of the two spheres, or the ground plane in the source image. Then the Cryptomatte output is fed into the Effect Mask control on a Color Corrector node.

The next image shows the result of using Cryptomatte to isolate the ball on the right side of the image. A Fusion ColorCorector node was used to take the matte grey colored sphere from the top image and apply an orange tinted color:
cryptomatte-masking-screenshot.png
With this demo scene it is important to set the Loader node's Import tab to use a float 32 bit depth for the image if you want to get satisfactory results with the Cryptomatte v1.2.B6 version of the Fuse.

The sample EXR image has a beauty render in the RGBA image channels, along with a set of ID mattes that are stored by V-Ray in the cryptomatte, cryptomatte00, cryptomatte01, and cryptomatte02 channels.

This screenshot was taken in DJV_View to show the channels present in the EXR image:
djv-channel-view.png
Download
Cryptomatte V-Ray Masking Demo with OCIO LUT Gamma Correction.zip
Flow Screenshot
cryptomatte-flow-screenshot.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JCB91
Fusioneer

Post by JCB91 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:46 am

All render nodes currently need the scripts in \Fusion Render Node 9\lua

There is no way to put them somewhere on the network with env variables?

AndrewHazelden
Fusionator

Post by AndrewHazelden » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:01 am

JCB91 wrote:All render nodes currently need the scripts in \Fusion Render Node 9\lua

There is no way to put them somewhere on the network with env variables?
Hi JCB91.

I haven't tested it yet but I'm 90% sure you could define the LUA_PATH environment variable and Fusion + the Fusion Render node will both look in this folder path for the Cryptomatte Lua script additions.

You can check if this setting worked correctly by pasting this into your Fusion Console tab and looking for your custom folder in the text output:

Code: Select all

print(package.path)
There is a new to Fusion 9.0.1 PathMap folder location of "LuaModules:" that links to "UserPaths:Modules/Lua" by default. It was intended to help with this sort of custom installation issue.

At the moment, this new "LuaModules:" path variable only works with Lua binary compiled modules not the .lua script based modules like "cryptomatte.fuse" uses. This issue is only present when accessing a .lua script located in the "LuaModules:" path from the context of a Fuse. It is something the Fusion developers are aware of and is going to be solved when the next Fusion dot release update comes out.

remoz

How to select different ID Types?

Post by remoz » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:34 pm

I installed the Cryptomatte Fuse and I am super happy! :D

My MultiChannel .exr contains two different Crypto-Types.

a) Materials
b) Layers

When connecting the multichannel.exr to the CryptoFuse, by default the Layers-Type is loaded.
I would like to switch to the Materials Layer, but couldn't figure out how I can do that? :P

How do you switch?

Thank you so much for any little help,
appreciate it!

Kristof
Fusionista

Post by Kristof » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:32 am

Just change the Crypto Layer Selection slider. Latest Fusion, latest Crypto fuse.

remoz

Post by remoz » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:02 am

damm.. I tried it.. and was looking for a solution. but I couldn't figure out how...

a) How do you change the CryptoLayer within Fusion?
Please watch my 1-Minute Video... in which I show what I have going on currently!
1-Minute Video shows my issue

Do you mind pointing me to the latest working CryptoFuse for download?
And also all other additional files I have to install?

I tried using the latest one from github (see link below) but after installation I am getting this error:
https://github.com/Psyop/Cryptomatte/tree/master/fusion

Because the latest version from github doesn't seem to work.. currently I am using this version:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/agx3agl9 ... master.zip

That's what you see in the video.

remoz

Post by remoz » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:45 am

anyone knows or can show me how I can change the Crypto Layer Selection Slider?
really sorry... new to the crypto node and can't find a way to change the crypto selection slider... :?

Kristof
Fusionista

Post by Kristof » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:13 pm

Hi remoz,

So I assume you've managed to get the latest fuse up and running and you're not getting the errors anymore? The link you posted above is the correct one. Could you please share your crypto exr image so we can test it? It should be pretty straightforward, so maybe something else is wrong.

Thanks!

remoz

Post by remoz » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:54 pm

Thank you for your help, appreciate it!

Here is my multichannel .exr for download:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/h3e34kw4w ... e.0000.exr

and here I am explaining the issue within 4 minutes, FULL HD+Audio:

• - How can I change the Crypto Layer Selection?
    - where can I find the SLIDER you have been mentioning in your previous post?
    - the SLIDER within the CryptoMatte Fuse, to switch teh Crypto Layer Selection?

Kristof
Fusionista

Post by Kristof » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:21 pm

Hello again remoz,

You're not using the latest cryptomatte fuse, so maybe go through your fuses and make sure you don't have dupes. Better yet, get rid of it and also check your lua folder and delete the crypto related modules.

Download the zip file again from the repo and copy the files to the right folders (I noticed you are on Windows):

C:\Program Files\Blackmagic Design\Fusion 9\lua
^-- that's where you copy the three .lua files

C:\Program Files\Blackmagic Design\Fusion 9\Fuses
^-- that is where the fuse needs to go

Restart Fu (you need to use 9.0.1 upwards btw)

Drag in your file, bump it to full float (no longer needed in the next version, but for now you need to force it), set your comp to HiQ too (proxy scaling issues is another thing that will be addressed).

I tried it and it works. This is a screenshot (notice the selection layer slider at the bottom of the crypto fuse's UI):
Clipboard02.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

remoz

Post by remoz » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:47 pm

Ok, thank you so much!

To have the right .zip file. What's the latest repo?
Where can I find it?
Can you please provide me a direct link to the latest Fuse you are referring to?

Thank you so much, appreciate all your help and keep rocking!
Amazing node.. need to use that beast or I can't sleep.... lol;

remoz

Post by remoz » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:06 pm

Installation Error:

Watch me live downloading, installing and getting the error from Fusion: