rolling shutter

LuizinhoAraujo

rolling shutter

Post by LuizinhoAraujo » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:56 am

Hey guys, there's a fuse from version 6.4 that was meant to fix rolling shutter issues but it seems that it isn't compatible with version 9.

Do any of you have a work around fixing rolling shutter problems with fusion version 9?

It would be very helpful, Thanks in advance.

Midgardsormr
Fusionista

Re: rolling shutter

Post by Midgardsormr » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:28 am

Looks like there's something in the OpenCL kernels that isn't compiling, but the fuse still works for me if I turn off the Use OpenCL switch. Or at least, it does something that looks about like what I'd expect, but I don't have a shot with a rolling shutter artifact to test it on at the moment.

LuizinhoAraujo

Post by LuizinhoAraujo » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:55 am

thank you very much, Bryan
It would be good if this tool is in the reactor, I would love to learn how to program the fuse, where I can find information to update the openCL of the fuse ...

thanks again

Midgardsormr
Fusionista

Post by Midgardsormr » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:59 am

I have a series of articles on my blog about OpenCL Fuses. It's not complete, but it's at least a jumping-off point.
http://www.bryanray.name/wordpress/opencl-fuses-index/

Unfortunately, the error is just "Failed to compile" rather than pointing to any particular line number or error, so this one may be difficult to troubleshoot. That's why I didn't just fix it and upload it.

SecondMan
Site Admin

Post by SecondMan » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:06 am

LuizinhoAraujo wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:55 am
It would be good if this tool is in the reactor

Sure! Please feel free to package it up and submit it. The more people get used to that process, the more content Reactor will have and the better it is for everyone.

As a tip, version up the Fuse and perhaps initially turn Use OpenCL off by default until a solution for that has been found.