Archive Composition Script

Jeremy3D Dave

Re: Archive Composition Script

Post by Jeremy3D Dave » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:29 am

it says,

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tags:

AndrewHazelden
Fusionator
Answers: 2

Post by AndrewHazelden » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:39 am

Jeremy3D Dave wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:29 am
it says,

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hi. If you are logged into We Suck Less then that message should go away and you should see the download link.

AndrewHazelden
Fusionator

Archive Composition v2.2 Script

Post by AndrewHazelden » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:02 am

Hi @ELinder and @Mclawest .

I've implemented changes in the Archive Composition script that should take care of your issues:
ELinder wrote:Would it be possible for the script to also save files used by modifiers into the new archived location? For example, I just used the Audio File Modifier from this forum, and while it did save all the settings, it didn't save the referenced audio file or obviously change that file path.
Based upon ELinder's inquiry I added audio archiving support from the Saver node (SoundFilename), SuckLessAudio Modifier Fuse, and Fusion timeline (COMPS_AudioFilename).
Mclawest wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:34 pm
and one more - I've started just delete nodes one by one and found the problem... script gives an error if you have any loader with quicktime (or any other format without padding).. So I replaced mov with sequence and all works fine..
Based upon Mclawest's inquiry I solved the movie archiving bug. At the same time I also expanded the number of formats of movies that are detected by the script when using Fusion 9.

Download
This download is for the latest v2.2 release of the script. The script works with Fusion (free) and Fusion Studio v7-9.
Archive Composition.lua
Screenshot

If you take a look at the GUI in the Archive Composition script you will see a new "Include Audio" checkbox.
Archive-Composition-Audio-Support.png
Version History
Archive Composition v2.2 2018-01-06 by Andrew Hazelden:
  • Updated for Fusion 9 compatibility
  • Added audio archiving support from the Saver node (SoundFilename), SuckLessAudio Modifier Fuse, and Fusion timeline (COMPS_AudioFilename)
  • Added support for archiving the new movie formats available with Fusion 9+ and the FFmpeg library.
  • Replaced the bmd.scriptlib bmd.pathIsMovieFormat() function from bmd.scriptlib with an inline pathIsMovieFormat().
  • Updated the PathMap resolving on Alembic meshes, FBX meshes, and audio files
  • Added a pathIsAudioFormat() function that could be used in the future
  • Refactored the string concatenating ".." code to improve formatting

Mclawest
Fusioneer

Post by Mclawest » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:46 pm

wow! cool! thanks, Andrew!

AndrewHazelden
Fusionator

Post by AndrewHazelden » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:54 am

If you are looking to download and easily install the latest version of the Archive Composition script in the future check out Reactor. If you install the free Reactor for Fusion tool and look in the "Scripts" category you will find an atom package that can be installed called "Eyeon Legacy Scripts".

This is where the older Fusion 6.4-7.x era scripts that I and several other WSL members have updated to work in Fusion 9 are accessible.

This package includes Archive Composition.lua

When you have Reactor installed, you can find this "Eyeon Legacy Scripts" atom package in the GUI here:
Reactor - Eyeon Legacy Scripts.png

Joelauduo

Post by Joelauduo » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:57 am

Very strong

Greg Bovine
Double M

Post by Greg Bovine » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:40 am

There is a new version 2.3 update available for the Archive Composition script. You can download it using Reactor from the "Scripts > Eyeon Legacy Scripts" section of the GUI.

Changes in v2.3
  • Updated the Archive Composition.lua script by adding improved error handling. nil values are ignored gracefully when accessing COMPS_AudioFilename.

Greg Bovine
Double M

Archive Composition Script v2.3.1

Post by Greg Bovine » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:51 am

There is a new version 2.3.1 update available for the Archive Composition script. You can download it using Reactor from the "Scripts > Eyeon Legacy Scripts" section of the GUI.

Changes in v2.3.1
  • Updated the error handling of frame padding so nil values are processed gracefully
  • Updated the way saver nodes are processed when the "Include Audio" checkbox is active
  • Updated the way saver nodes are processed to add support for Saver nodes with PathMaps
  • Added an ArchiveLog.txt logfile that saves the Console tab error log messages along with a date and time stamp to the Archive Composition output folder.
  • Added a "Client Notes for ArchiveLog.txt" text field to the AskUser dialog. That textual message is saved into to the ArchiveLog.txt file.
  • Added an "Open Archive Composition Folder" checkbox to the AskUser dialog that will open the output folder up in a desktop folder browsing window.
  • Added the ability to save/restore the Archive Composition checkbox states in the AskUser dialog.
Screenshots

There is a new "Client Notes for ArchiveLog.txt" text field in the GUI that allows you to quickly save a textual note into the Archive Composition output folder:
Archive Composition With Client Notes.png

This is a preview of the ArchiveLog.txt file that is saved into the Archive Composition folder:
ArchiveLog.png

Midgardsormr
Fusionator

Post by Midgardsormr » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:50 am

Love the client notes field idea! I don't think I'll ever use it, but that's a great addition. And that screenshot gave me a flashback to 1994.

TogTobias
Fusioneer

Post by TogTobias » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:12 pm

Hi there. Tried the script to move a project to a production disk but it doesn't appear to have worked. None of the assets were archived. See screenshots. Perhaps I did something wrong?
Capture.PNG
Capture3.PNG
Capture2.PNG

Greg Bovine
Double M

Post by Greg Bovine » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:17 pm

TogTobias wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:12 pm
Hi there. Tried the script to move a project to a production disk but it doesn't appear to have worked. None of the assets were archived. See screenshots. Perhaps I did something wrong?
Was anything written to the Fusion Console tab?

TogTobias
Fusioneer

Post by TogTobias » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:23 pm

Greg Bovine wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:17 pm
TogTobias wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:12 pm
Was anything written to the Fusion Console tab?
Yes sir. My apologies. I didn't think to copy that in my OP.

...m Files/Blackmagic Design/Fusion 9/Scripts/bmd.scriptlib:198: bad argument #1 to 'gsub' (string expected, got nil)

Greg Bovine
Double M

Post by Greg Bovine » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:53 pm

What exact version of Fusion are you running? Are you using v9.0.2?

What types of media are in this composite? 3D meshes, still images, image sequences, movies, audio?

Are you using relative PathMaps like Comp:/, regular Windows filepaths with drive letters, or UNC network based filepaths in the Loader and Saver nodes?

Does the Archive Composition script work as expected on your system if you make a new Fusion comp and use a Loader node to access a single still image?

Greg Bovine
Double M

Post by Greg Bovine » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:11 pm

TogTobias wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:23 pm
...m Files/Blackmagic Design/Fusion 9/Scripts/bmd.scriptlib:198: bad argument #1 to 'gsub' (string expected, got nil)

Line 198 of bmd.scriptlib is inside the bmd.parseFilename() function. The line with the error deals with extracting the file extension on a filename:

Code: Select all

string.gsub(seq.FullName, "^(.+)(%..+)$", function(name, ext) seq.Name = name seq.Extension = ext end)

So that leads me to ask have you specified the filename with the frame padding, and a file extension for the saver nodes in your composite like this: :)

Comp:/renders/sequence_output.0000.exr

TogTobias
Fusioneer

Post by TogTobias » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:54 pm

Greg Bovine wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:11 pm
TogTobias wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:23 pm

Line 198 of bmd.scriptlib is inside the bmd.parseFilename() function. The line with the error deals with extracting the file extension on a filename:

string.gsub(seq.FullName, "^(.+)(%..+)$", function(name, ext) seq.Name = name seq.Extension = ext end)

So that leads me to ask have you specified the filename with the frame padding, and a file extension for the saver nodes in your composite like this: :)

Comp:/renders/sequence_output.0000.exr
Not in this project. The filenames are word_word.mov in the savers. Multiple savers in the comp but all are disconnected and only used when necessary.